Photo
- - - - -

Bud Rot..... Bastard

Best Answer KiefKat , 19 July 2014 - 08:29 PM

Shit news mate, sorry to hear it.

When you chopped it out, did you cover the affected area (with a plastic bag maybe)? This may help prevent the spores from travelling to other plants.

Up to you how you want to continue, personally I'd leave them but if anymore appears I'd be leaning towards salvaging what you can.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Fieldy

Fieldy

Coco Grower !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:21 PM

Just gone into week 8 of flower with My Dinafem Cheese, Power Plant, OG Kush, White Widow and a Big Bang 2.

Iv noticed on the main cola at the top of the PP there's a little bud rot, chopped it out and checked the cheese, also had a little rot.

Others seem ok.... Am I best to chopping the lot before it ruins my crop!

:( :(
  • Budgie and Up2nogood like this

#2 KiefKat

KiefKat

TGC DJ

• Moderators
  • 3,506 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:29 PM   Best Answer

Shit news mate, sorry to hear it.

When you chopped it out, did you cover the affected area (with a plastic bag maybe)? This may help prevent the spores from travelling to other plants.

Up to you how you want to continue, personally I'd leave them but if anymore appears I'd be leaning towards salvaging what you can.

• Up2nogood, Fieldy and Zipp like this

#3 Fieldy

Fieldy

Coco Grower !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:07 PM

No man iv just left them, think I'm going to get them down as I don't want to risk losing them :(

What a bummer
  • jimmi2scoops likes this

#4 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Administrators
  • 16,012 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:23 PM

You can just take everything above it and let rest finish but at 8 week they should be pretty good and quite spacey, racy  what was state of trichs were they at least half cloudy, you can make butter with affected bits probably oil too. Is it real thick dense bud or is it the conditions that you think caused it as well fieldy.

#5 Fieldy

Fieldy

Coco Grower !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:28 PM

Bids are solid, but I'm running 2x 600 lights and have a fan blowing all the time, think it's just down to the warm weather! Anyway; there coming down in the morning. Lesson learnt... Dehumidifier next lol
  • Dekay likes this

#6 Bazza Daley

Bazza Daley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:42 AM

I've not allowed humidity to get over 60%, lights on and off, during all of the 12/12 period so far thanks to my dehumidifier.

Bazza

#7 The Clone Ranger

The Clone Ranger

THE YORKSHIRE PUDDING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

hey bud just been looking at ya grow and where is your grow tent or room??? to me the mold could have stemmed from the room outside your room a spore is hard to stop once it gets airborne could of got in from your intake or from just opening the door, mine are in week 8 or 9 from tomorrow and my RH is hitting about 75ish all time now and i dont seem to be having any probbs i really try and keep my area clean no dirt mold or nothing within 10m of the groom, but now ya say i will be keeping a close eye on mine, good luck bud

• GoTgReEn likes this

#8 jimmi2scoops

jimmi2scoops

• Administrators
  • 16,839 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:35 PM

Cool title lol.

• Fieldy and KiefKat like this

#9 The Clone Ranger

The Clone Ranger

THE YORKSHIRE PUDDING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:57 PM

hey guys can i jump in here and ask another question on rotting??

i have now bud rot found out yesturday so cheese came down straight away, question is now they chopped down and chopped the rot out will i still get some rotting ??? from what ive got left i think it is ok but checking every 12 hour..

#10 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Moderators
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:32 PM

Hi TCR, you should be OK now as bud rot (botrytis) only grows on living plants, you can get other moulds though so dry them quickly and keep checking them.

All good things

TDA

• Dekay, jimmi2scoops and The Clone Ranger like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.