Photo
- - - - -

Fruit Juice over Molasses last two weeks?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,063 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:42 AM

Their was a recipe Missy gave me for splitting white table sugar which is sucrose back to dextrose and fructose, it was summink along the lines of mixing white sugar with lemon juice at certain ratios and bingo it splits.

Yep - two parts sugar to one part water, boiled for five to ten minutes :)

Adding a small amount of citric acid (1 gram per kilogram of sugar) or lemon juice (20 grams per kilo of sugar) makes the inversion more efficient.
  • Dekay, 2scoops, igiggle and 5 others like this

#12 2scoops

2scoops

In for a penny, in for a pound.

• Administrators
  • 18,268 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:52 AM

Yep - two parts sugar to one part water, boiled for five to ten minutes :)

Adding a small amount of citric acid (1 gram per kiogram of sugar) or lemon juice (20 grams per kilo of sugar) makes the inversion more efficien

Your a star and i did wan`t it anyhow. Will save this thread. :)

• Dekay, Dex, Horse Badorties and 2 others like this

#13 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Moderators
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 07:28 PM

From what I've seen, most sugars ending "ous" are simple to begin with, only one or 2 molecules of sugar. Glucose, fructose things like that.

So why split those from sucrose? Does it make them more available, just wondering?

Most fruit juices are fructose, aren't they?

I think that molasses is a long chain carb, and those are not the best suited for plants, like everyone is saying, and better used in teas where the bacteria can break it down before it hits the soil, ala Nef's post.

The only thing I've gotten out of molasses drenches is gnats.

• Dekay, 2scoops, Dex and 3 others like this

#14 2scoops

2scoops

• Administrators
  • 18,268 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:27 PM

From what I've seen, most sugars ending "ous" are simple to begin with, only one or 2 molecules of sugar. Glucose, fructose things like that.

So why split those from sucrose? Does it make them more available, just wondering?

Most fruit juices are fructose, aren't they?

I think that molasses is a long chain carb, and those are not the best suited for plants, like everyone is saying, and better used in teas where the bacteria can break it down before it hits the soil, ala Nef's post.

The only thing I've gotten out of molasses drenches is gnats.

Sucrose is nearly a simple sugar but not simplist and more semi simple,  im led to believe proper simple sugars are stand alone like glucose or fructose, but 2 simple sugars combined whichever way those sugar making type peeps do it, ( Tate & Lyle comes to mind mega sugar God, jeez man i swear). well yes combined those 2 make sucrose, tis classed more a semi simple sugar :rolleyes: , although still very much simple`ish and close as you`ll get if your not a true simple sugar to being one :blink: , i mean sucrose well that would be first promoted to that simple sugar title if those sugar making dudes decided to make room for one more simple`en, well so i`d like to think hehehee........ in Jimmiland, I`m bloody confusing myself now, i`m blabbering on talking shite man, mind you i`m digging it cus i understand it atmo, probably not next time i look and read it and i`ll more than likely think what a twat, i like to think not at total twat but a daft twat :nod: , but tomorrows another day in`t it. Big up the daft twats brigade is all i can say. :groovy:

Dextrose is simplist of lot and fructose close to that in that same category. Tbh many times in past ive just used sucrose dissolved in boiling water to my mix, I mean i get where your coming from and tbh what with being lazy git and all that malarky it`s easier and less faffing  , maybe like you say its all about making things easier for plant to take up through roots in molecular way( massive word ) feck knows tbh Horsey but i would think that myself :thumbsup:

Oh yes and another thing, simple carbs can send the herd in your pots in to feeding frenzy so they go crackers feeding on it and then they can become lazy, so can`t be arsed to do their job properly, which may cause problems quite easily in itself, well that`s if i remember righly, i mean it may be too much use of any sugars that does it, but im pretty nearly sure it`s more simple sugars, i can`t remember full on tbh.  Anyhow enough rambling on i`m sure you get my drift. Yo to the "drift" word :D

At least half that has gotta be right, i`m feeling lucky. :beer2:

• Dekay, igiggle, Dex and 4 others like this

#15 Afton

Afton

OLD GUYS RULE!

• Moderators
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:46 PM

@Dex so honey for a week and then water. I've never heard that before.

Well my autos have about 10 days left so I guess I better get some honey on those girls.

• Dekay, 2scoops, igiggle and 4 others like this

#16 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:49 PM

only use i can see to adding an acidic juice of any kind would be to lock it out from feeding anymore by knocking ph out of whack something an old hippy grower might have done once,,,,,peace

#17 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,403 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:26 AM

@Dex so honey for a week and then water. I've never heard that before.
Well my autos have about 10 days left so I guess I better get some honey on those girls.

Raw honey I use it from 3rd week of flower in small doses and watch the plants freeze lol ..

Last week just water with good run off to get any honey left over out for best finish flavour..

This method I've done for a good 4 years now one tea spoon in a half a tea cup of water and use 10ml of that per ltr or make a table spoon of honey in half a cup of warm water and use 5ml per ltr.

I'll repeat raw/cold sieved honey tho
  • Dekay, Horse Badorties, Afton and 2 others like this

#18 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,063 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:46 AM

Pretty much, but there are differences, chiefly that glucose and fructose, amongst others, are monosaccharides and the simplest forms of carbohydrates, whereas sucrose and lactose, for example, are disaccharides composed of two monosaccharides.

I don't know how plants use them, but in animals dissacharides have to be broken down into monsaccharides before they can be abosrbed, so splitting them in advance makes them more available, more immediately.

#19 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Moderators
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:59 PM

Ok :dazed:

I'm wondering if honey and fruit juice would be better choices for carbs for plants just because they are processed less... and there's certainly less faffing to using them :rolleyes:

• Dekay, 2scoops, igiggle and 4 others like this

#20 2scoops

2scoops

• Administrators
  • 18,268 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:11 PM

Ok :dazed:

I'm wondering if honey and fruit juice would be better choices for carbs for plants just because they are processed less... and there's certainly less faffing to using them :rolleyes:

I`m pretty sure honey is a complex sugar so is pretty much like molasses if used at back end of grow , basically what`s point late on in a grow if it needs breaking down. Its a different case if used throughout a grow i would imagine used similar to how you would use molasses.

Problem with fruit juice is different types contain other shitty ingredients that may harm the life in your medium that it contains if your using it all the way through a grow, let`s say once weekly.  Depending what sugars they contain, possibly a mix of complex and simple sugars, that`s probably juice brand dependent i would imagine, i don`t know tbh. But yes it still maybe ok used towards the end if it contains lots of simple sugars. I would think it doesn`t matter about harming the goodies in your soil so much those last few weeks but then again it might, but lets say if that juice does contain other shitty ingredients (not necessarily carbs) that may kill off the soils goodness.

If your wanting to use them to help life flourish in your medium then it`s all about using complex sugars and if your just wanting to use them as a carb boost then it`s simple sugars all the way and for taste it`s fructose and boost glucose. Tis how jimmi see`s it anyhow. :D

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.