Photo
- - - - -

Fruit Juice over Molasses last two weeks?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Moderators
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:14 PM

I was thinking more like flying to Florida and picking some oranges off the trees :lol:

• Dekay, 2scoops, duke and 4 others like this

#22 2scoops

2scoops

In for a penny, in for a pound.

• Administrators
  • 18,268 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:21 PM

I was thinking more like flying to Florida and picking some oranges off the trees :lol:

Or pop into supermarket and buy a bunch, save on the airfair, unless your using free air-miles, whatever they are i just don`t know, but i like owt for free.

And don`t forget about the gator or snake bite risk in Florida. Supermarkets all the way mate lol. :D

• Dekay, duke, Dex and 4 others like this

#23 no1

no1

pronounced no one

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:52 PM

I think the majority of it being recommended is from grow stores wanting your money, they make you think you need it for a decent crop. I can see simple sugars feeding the carbs but a little goes a long way. Less is more. 

• Dekay, 2scoops, duke and 6 others like this

#24 Bandit 4freekin20

Bandit 4freekin20

American Outlaw

• Respected User
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 12:46 AM

I've been thinking about using beer. :beer:

It has carbs....my soils nute base already have pulverized hops flowers in there. Seems like it might be a helluva compost tea and would cause a microbial kegger party.

Gotta few males I could test it on right now. I'm guessing a 12oz IPA to 10 gallons of water sounds good :D

• 2scoops, Dex, Afton and 2 others like this

#25 Nefarious Shenanigans

Nefarious Shenanigans

youthful exuberance

• Respected User
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:31 AM

I agree with no1, a lot of the 76 recommended bottles you can throw them away, you will notice no difference

and the beer... yes guilty on that one, I have used it in compost tea before I knew much about them. Seemed to do nothing bad... dunno if it did anything good either :lol: think I was after it for the enzymes at the time, i find the malted barley tea on it's own to be rocket fuel though (you heard me harp on about that one for years I am sure), so beer tea is not too far off anyway

hard to quantify what is good or bad in terms of compost tea I find, I just look with a microscope to see that it is alive and moving, if a lot is moving and I can also see threads in it (fungus), I call it a successful recipe. I have no idea what exact microbes I am looking at though, above my paygrade

sorry to go so off the topic of flushing with molasses Afton and fellas

• 2scoops, Bandit 4freekin20, Horse Badorties and 2 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.