3 replies to this topic

#1 Bandit420

Bandit420

marijuana savant

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:30 PM

Depends on where you live, how much you grow and for what purpose, if growing industrial hemp is legal or not where you live, local police priorities, etc but here's how legal hemp helps in defense of a cannabis bust.

Hemp is now legal to grow in every county in my state.

Local sheriff and police agencies in my county and city announced yesterday they would not pursue small grow operations and possession arrests on marijuana charges because hemp in fact can carry trace amounts of THC.

This means that when busted, a grower can claim he/she is growing hemp and not marijuana.

It's then up to prosecutors to prove it's marijuana and not hemp. This means the evidence as in every plant seized, would need to be lab tested by a certified police lab and each test can cost thousands of dollars.

The cost of prosecuting such a case is not worth it, especially when the punishment can be haggled down to no jail time with a fine much less than what the cost of testing evidence and prosecuting the case would be.

Basically, what it amounts to, is thanks to legal hemp, police and court bureaucracy has priced itself to a point where it's no longer profitable to prosecute small marijuana grow operations.

Adjoining counties, the more conservative and prohibition supporting counties in my state, in a rebuttal to the more liberal counties and cities of my state, have announced that they will prosecute every small grow they bust no matter how much it costs.

It's like real estate....location location location.

But yeah...from here on out..... I'm growing hemp ;)

• jimmi2scoops, duke, olmec and 3 others like this

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 11,077 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:55 PM

hi buddy strange but true in the uk you can grow hemp if you have a farm and can stump up £600 for the license,on the other hand get busted for a bit of persy weed and you most likely get a caution ie slap on the wrist type punishment and maybe a small fine,get caught growing hemp without the license and get £2000 fine so in most cases we better of getting caught for cannabis and not hemp!mad aye? ive a friend who used to grow in a barn and hemp in the field nextdoor legal and is sold for birdfood but covers any smells his grow lets out,but he couldnt figure how his punters kept complaining of seeds in the weed!peace

• Bandit420, Horse Badorties, Afton and 2 others like this

#3 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Druid on the Dole

• Moderators
  • 5,706 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:45 PM

It's then up to prosecutors to prove it's marijuana and not hemp. This means the evidence as in every plant seized, would need to be lab tested by a certified police lab and each test can cost thousands of dollars.

That's a bit of an exaggeration, but that's sort of what the powers here against it are saying.

https://www.wral.com...m-act/18504073/

NC sucks hard in this regard, but since our economy is based on agriculture, and a lot of folks here are invested in hemp already,  it may well eventually be the undoing of these fucking prohibitionists.

• duke, Afton and no1 like this

#4 Afton

Afton

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:54 PM

Looks like I'm growing HEMP NOW!

• duke, Bandit420 and no1 like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.