34 replies to this topic

#1 igiggle

igiggle

livingroom surfer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 10:02 PM

One of my indoor plants is Gorillas DFG. While it has dense buds they are not very big. I'm about two-three weeks from picking, It has very few crystals and absolutely no "pink" hairs as pictured on there site. I've tried to contact them by email through their site but it times out never sending. Intentional? Anyway, I'll hope that is turns out decent but why would they misrepresent?

Attached File  804869654.jpg   252.73KB   0 downloads

What I have looks nothing like the picture.

• Dekay, jimmi2scoops, duke and 7 others like this

#2 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 10:38 PM

That sucks mate. Hope you get it resolved satisfactorily x

• Dekay, jimmi2scoops, duke and 5 others like this

#3 Nbbeerguy

Nbbeerguy

Has dirty fingernails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 11:31 PM

One of my indoor plants is Gorillas DFG. While it has dense buds they are not very big. I'm about two-three weeks from picking, It has very few crystals and absolutely no "pink" hairs as pictured on there site. I've tried to contact them by email through their site but it times out never sending. Intentional? Anyway, I'll hope that is turns out decent but why would they misrepresent?

attachicon.gif804869654.jpg

What I have looks nothing like the picture.

The pink pistils generally show up outdoors Ive seen massive fields of DFG does amazing under the sun as it is an outdoor strain primarily it is made up

of Durban X Freezeland X Guerilla Gold #3 both Freezeland and Guerilla gold only perform well under the sun and really do not do well indoors at all 

#4 igiggle

igiggle

livingroom surfer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 01:25 AM

The pink pistils generally show up outdoors Ive seen massive fields of DFG does amazing under the sun as it is an outdoor strain primarily it is made up

of Durban X Freezeland X Guerilla Gold #3 both Freezeland and Guerilla gold only perform well under the sun and really do not do well indoors at all 

Thanks for the info @Nbbeerguy! I purchased the strain for this years outdoor grow and then found out outdoor was no longer cool in Colorado. Had I known it was so specific I would have gone a different route. I still have a seed left, perhaps next year I can do a Guerrilla grow with my gorilla. It is going to produce bud so not a complete loss for me.

DSCN0129

DSCN0175

Edited by igiggle, 23 July 2019 - 01:32 AM.

• Dekay, jimmi2scoops, duke and 6 others like this

#5 igiggle

igiggle

livingroom surfer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 01:29 AM

That sucks mate. Hope you get it resolved satisfactorily x

Thanks @Petal!

The buds are going to be ok just not what I was looking for. @Nbbeerguy set me straight on my error regarding the strain. Live and learn I guess.

#6 Nbbeerguy

Nbbeerguy

Has dirty fingernails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:56 AM

Thanks @Petal!

The buds are going to be ok just not what I was looking for. @Nbbeerguy set me straight on my error regarding the strain. Live and learn I guess.

I've made the mistake also and tried to grow outdoor strains indoors it's always a letdown I still do it though :P

#7 igiggle

igiggle

livingroom surfer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 09:12 AM

Yeah @Nbbeerguy guess we do what we have to. Oh well, as long as I can get my head correct I don't mind messing up.

#8 Marcus

Marcus

Parrot hat.

• Moderators
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:04 AM

Hi @igiggle they look ok to me! :thumbsup:

I tried replying to your comment on my pic of a pick... But it won't work still.

I had a cherry Gibson SG back in the day. '61 I think. 

The neck managed to get snapped one drunken night and someone took it away to repair it... I never seen it again. 

My Fender '64 baby blue jazz bass was all alone then...  :( Until I dropped that with a broken strap and put a big dent in it, kinda lost the love for it then.  :ph34r:

• Dekay, duke, igiggle and 7 others like this

#9 igiggle

igiggle

livingroom surfer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 12:09 PM

Hi @igiggle they look ok to me! :thumbsup:

I had a cherry Gibson SG back in the day. '61 I think. 

The neck managed to get snapped one drunken night and someone took it away to repair it... I never seen it again. 

There is a special place for the individual who did not return such a vintage piece. My attraction to the SG was sparked by the late Mr. Zappa. Sigh, I do miss his perspective.

• Dekay, duke, Petal and 7 others like this

#10 igiggle

igiggle

livingroom surfer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 12:33 PM

I looked up the DFG seed on Gorilla site and they state that the seed is indeed suitable for indoor. I must have messed up some how in my reacquainting myself with indoor environment. The good news is I will have another shot to get it correct after my Dinafem med growout, really looking forward to that! The present DFG and Purkle plants are finishing up. The DFG is on water and the Purkle will get one last shot of nutes this week. The other Gorilla seeds offering is the Albanian Munk fruit treebush (aka Fast Diesel). I was unaware until I researched the DFG further that the Mung fruit is a "semi auto". Never heard of such a thing but I seriously don't get out much anymore so I miss much. It went into flower at about the solstice and is now pussywillowing nicely.

DSCN0180
DSCN0178

These will finish well ahead of any frost threat. Semi Auto, Who knew?

• jimmi2scoops, duke, Petal and 5 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.