Photo
- - - - -

Can you make cannabis oil using 95%vodka?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 03:59 PM

Have you done it ?

Or should I just go for tincture?

Have you done it ?

What ratio for good pain relief ?

I'll be using dry sieve any recommendation on ratio if I have a 50cl bottle of vodka.

@Marcus I remeber you saying you evaporated some not too long back

how did you do it buddy please ?
And did you use that is stuff Or vodka?

Any one know of any one that tried to evaporate the vodka and what was the finish stuff like ?

Please help and is that vodka just as flammable?
  • duke, Horse Badorties, Afton and 1 other like this

#2 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 05:34 PM

Can you make cannabis oil using 95%vodka?

Yes, but it seems a bit of a waste of consumable alcohol.

The tincture is probably a better idea - @jimmi2scoops has been doing that with 95% ethanol :)

And yes, it's just as flammable as isopropanol :ph34r:
  • 2scoops, duke, Dex and 4 others like this

#3 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 05:35 PM

hi dex i tried it with russian vodka and it sort of works but had a white frothy topping i think may have been sugar possibly but oil was real thick and did not liquify with heating but 40%abv i think is much weaker than what you are using so maybe yours be better,good luck

• 2scoops, Dex, Horse Badorties and 3 others like this

#4 Afton

Afton

OLD GUYS RULE!

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 06:53 PM

Hey Dex I've used Everclear for my tinctures.

Now that it and 151 rum is outlawed in California I have to go to Oregon.

Been thinking of using Vodka but haven't tried it yet.

If you do use it let me know how it turns out.

• 2scoops, duke, Horse Badorties and 2 others like this

#5 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 07:49 PM

Dunno Dex, I use ISO.

I have used overproof rum (64%) for tinctures, I presume the voddy will evaporate just left on a windowsill just like ISO.

That's some strong vodka dude.

Last ISO run I just left the strained ISO and dope mix in a pyrex dish in the greenhouse, was all evaporated in a day.

The flys stuck to it are the best bits!

:thumbsup:

Thanks buddy and lmaoooooooooooo bout the flies all the extra protein buddy lmaooooo

How did you find the rum tincture was it good for pain ?
  • 2scoops, duke, Horse Badorties and 3 others like this

#6 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 07:51 PM

Yes, but it seems a bit of a waste of consumable alcohol.

The tincture is probably a better idea - @jimmi2scoops has been doing that with 95% ethanol :)

And yes, it's just as flammable as isopropanol :ph34r:

Thanks missy have you tried any?

#7 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 07:54 PM

hi dex i tried it with russian vodka and it sort of works but had a white frothy topping i think may have been sugar possibly but oil was real thick and did not liquify with heating but 40%abv i think is much weaker than what you are using so maybe yours be better,good luck

I haven't done it (yet) can you remeber what ratio you did voddy to bud?
I guess I will make tincture nd try and let some evaporate probably in shed

#8 Nefarious Shenanigans

Nefarious Shenanigans

youthful exuberance

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 09:36 AM

is this spiritus rektifokowany you are using Dex? the Polish (I think) rectified spirit / vodka?

I have used it when I used to live in the UK, runs just like ethanol or everclear, so long as it is 95% and you have no flavouring or scents coming from the bottle when you smell it then you are good to go really, it makes little difference what brand or whatever, especially in the case of a tincture. It is more a case of what you prefer to taste, any liquor works, stronger the better. Stroh 80 rum is another good option, it's 80%, and comes from Austria but probably you can get it a good liquor shop in the UK

you can make it as strong as you like, just takes some math... so you have 500ml and you add 50 grams, now ten milliliters is a gram dose, for example. Adjust for loss in your process and obviously as you go you will get a feel for it etc but for a baseline it is really about as simple as that. You don't need a specific measurement, the likelihood of you saturating an alcohol solution with cannabinoids to the point where it can no longer pick more up is almost nil IMHO, make it as strong or weak as your needs dictate. And you can always boil off some liquor to concentrate it if it is not strong enough or whatever after you test it on yourself or other unsuspecting victims lol

happy tincturing bud :)

• duke, Dex, Horse Badorties and 2 others like this

#9 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:40 AM

you can make it as strong as you like, just takes some math... so you have 500ml and you add 50 grams, now ten milliliters is a gram dose, for example.

I was thinking exactly the same last night, even doing some of that math(!), and I figured that using 10% w/v bud/alcohol (50g in 500 ml) would (could? might?) produce a tincture with somewhere between 10mg and 20mg of THC per ml.

50g of bud, with a 15% THC content, in 500 ml of solvent, with an extraction efficiency of 66%, gives 10 mg/ml.
  • Dex, Horse Badorties, Afton and 2 others like this

#10 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:45 AM

Thanks missy have you tried any?

Not in many years, and it was very hit and miss at the time - A small bottle of over-proof rum, with bits and pieces dropped in over a few months, and drunk at Christmas.

If I were to do it now, I'd probably start with somewhere around a 10% w/v bud/solvent ratio (50 g in 500 ml) - Grind it quite well (maximum surface area), mix it up, and then chuck it in the freezer for a couple of weeks, giving it a shake a couple of times a day, filtering it at the end.
  • duke, Dex, Horse Badorties and 3 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.