Photo
- - - - -

Can you make cannabis oil using 95%vodka?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#11 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 12:41 PM

is this spiritus rektifokowany you are using Dex? the Polish (I think) rectified spirit / vodka?

I have used it when I used to live in the UK, runs just like ethanol or everclear, so long as it is 95% and you have no flavouring or scents coming from the bottle when you smell it then you are good to go really, it makes little difference what brand or whatever, especially in the case of a tincture. It is more a case of what you prefer to taste, any liquor works, stronger the better. Stroh 80 rum is another good option, it's 80%, and comes from Austria but probably you can get it a good liquor shop in the UK

you can make it as strong as you like, just takes some math... so you have 500ml and you add 50 grams, now ten milliliters is a gram dose, for example. Adjust for loss in your process and obviously as you go you will get a feel for it etc but for a baseline it is really about as simple as that. You don't need a specific measurement, the likelihood of you saturating an alcohol solution with cannabinoids to the point where it can no longer pick more up is almost nil IMHO, make it as strong or weak as your needs dictate. And you can always boil off some liquor to concentrate it if it is not strong enough or whatever after you test it on yourself or other unsuspecting victims lol

happy tincturing bud :)

Thanks so much and @Anonymiss I was over thinking it lol if I use same maths I use when doing coconut oil lmao then jobs a goodun

Thanks sooo much or your help, I think I'll wait for my brother to harvest and use his bits for the vodka then I can do 1/1 sip and see how it goes

I l9ve vodka and I'll have to look for the rum because that's my favourite, but can only seem to get the vodka at 95%

I seen a Jamaican rum at 60 somthing that I could get from the shelf but I think the stronger the better ..

What would you do it with nef vodka that spyritus or the rum you mentioned ?

Thanks again for the input everyone.. I'm after tincture for the pain because I can feel the pain already and all I did was have a good 3 days down south treckin around and paying for it lol
  • duke, Horse Badorties, Afton and 2 others like this

#12 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 01:54 PM

Thanks so much and @Anonymiss I was over thinking it lol if I use same maths I use when doing coconut oil lmao then jobs a goodun

Thanks sooo much or your help, I think I'll wait for my brother to harvest and use his bits for the vodka then I can do 1/1 sip and see how it goes

I l9ve vodka and I'll have to look for the rum because that's my favourite, but can only seem to get the vodka at 95%

I seen a Jamaican rum at 60 somthing that I could get from the shelf but I think the stronger the better ..

What would you do it with nef vodka that spyritus or the rum you mentioned ?

Thanks again for the input everyone.. I'm after tincture for the pain because I can feel the pain already and all I did was have a good 3 days down south treckin around and paying for it lol

if you can afford it then the spiritus is best for tinctures certainly better than average vodka but i hated the taste of it in tincture yucky as fucky!maybe add some cherry juice for flaVOUR?peace

• Dex, Horse Badorties, Afton and 2 others like this

#13 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 02:24 PM

if you can afford it then the spiritus is best for tinctures certainly better than average vodka but i hated the taste of it in tincture yucky as fucky!maybe add some cherry juice for flaVOUR?peace

I can't realy afford it but I need some sort of quick bam for relief I enjoy smoking bud and taking coconut oil but coconut oil takes a while ..

So if it will work from lots of forums I been reading are old but they do say it's effective for relief..

And from past experience with too much chlorophyll in coconut oil and in cookies I opted for just making anything with just dry sieve.

I'm lucky because brother can provide quite allot of trim from his cash crops and I can get few oz of not fully refined keif for the flavour and make it smell more appealing too lol ..

And gonna use the 500ml to fill little e sig bottles to use for dripping so hopfully 30 odd quid will last and pay it's self
  • duke, Afton, no1 and 1 other like this

#14 Nefarious Shenanigans

Nefarious Shenanigans

youthful exuberance

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 04:18 PM

I would use whatever you can get locally with the highest possible percent, the spiritus rek. is very good and clean

you could use something like 60% but it is going to take a lot longer to get the extraction done because of all the water

might need to let the bud sit in it for a long time, not sure, never used anything less than 95% for an actual extraction myself. Although one time I made some green dragon as a gift for someone with normal 40% smirnoff that I left the flower in for about three months, worked pretty great but tasted like something unspeakable from the pits of hell lol

everyone got stoned though, so it was deemed a successful experiment at the time :)

tincture from resin should be epic shit

• duke, Dex, Afton and 1 other like this

#15 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 04:55 PM

im out of weed so today i took one of the smaller oil pills i make for my tina,bootmarket with grandsons was much more fun!but still prefer a smoke so been brave and tried some oil in the new vape sapphire and it works pretty well once you get the hang of it but fiddly as you have to use this wire mesh sort if thing for oil and get it to the bottom of the chamber,took me 20 mins so dont think i be using like it often!peace

• Dex, Afton, no1 and 1 other like this

#16 Nefarious Shenanigans

Nefarious Shenanigans

youthful exuberance

• Respected User
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:33 PM

yeah @Marcus I used stuff that was sat in jars on the shelf a little longer than optimal but was still smoking very nicely and looking and smelling dank

the dragon was just so dank herbal tasting, it was really hard to drink, and mixing it didn't really bring down the volume of the weedy grassy taste, just made you have to drink more to get the same effects :( 

hash must make a much more drinkable end result i would reckon

#17 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:53 PM

yeah @Marcus I used stuff that was sat in jars on the shelf a little longer than optimal but was still smoking very nicely and looking and smelling dank

the dragon was just so dank herbal tasting, it was really hard to drink, and mixing it didn't really bring down the volume of the weedy grassy taste, just made you have to drink more to get the same effects :(

hash must make a much more drinkable end result i would reckon

Yeah hash deffo does in coconut oil or butter, and thanks to you and @Marcus for the help

lol i was hope I don't have to wait months lol I'll give it a go with this polish 95% when trim is dry I'll try few ml to few grams of hash and see what i get..

Thanks soo much and I cooked with buds and trim before I made a brownie I cooked lots of buds in it as well when it came to eating it was rank and all I could taste was leafs.. made my bowels go funny too

I tried trim in coconut oil and that did same felt like I had ibs :puke:

So once I changed the game and tried to cook with hash was it was a whole new level and makes me wanna cook everything lmao..

I would recommend sieving the green out to any one
  • duke, Afton and no1 like this

#18 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 06:17 PM

Oh, and @Dex, don't forget to decarb first :)
  • duke, Dex, Afton and 2 others like this

#19 no1

no1

pronounced no one

• Respected User
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:10 PM

As i understand it @Dex, is the higher proof extracts more compounds from the plant, thats why they go with the high-test booze and lower ones just don't extract as many good compounds, i.e., terpenes for better flavor.

I use 151 rum and make green dragon, I do around 14 grams decarbed bud and enough booze to cover it. Works great, I use it every day.      ^_^

#20 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,524 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:31 PM

Its bloody awful made with 100% alcohol and i can`t take it, i did just add 10ml to a glass of coke to get smashed on till it was gone, i only made it once, tbh i just prefer cooking it up on a hot and cold cylce 3 or 4 times in vg liquid which takes on around a 3rd as much as pure alcohol, i just put it in a clean jar in hot water sat on a a tea-towel so the jar doesnt come into contact with slow cooker and set it on high (145c) with lid off stirring as much as i can, probably cooking up for 12hours or more for the overall process which took a few days or three,  I certainly couldn`t use the pure alcohol stuff as a tincture under my tongue it just burnt my mouth to bits.

I added an oz of decarbed bud to 500ml of alcohol or vg liquid or their abouts. :)

• duke, Dex, Afton and 2 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.