Photo
- - - - -

Fan question

Best Answer Nefarious Shenanigans , 13 August 2019 - 01:53 PM

it sounds to me as though if you have smell and such leaking backwards out of your house then the high pressure variant like your drawing is what you want bro

just the filter to the first fan then to the second fan then out of the space, all one duct run, your choice as to where you put the second fan, but put the first one near as possible to the filter like normal

it's gonna probably suck doors that are ajar closed and such lol the pressure should be real strong and nothing will get around the filter, everything will go through it and out

EDIT: sometimes you just gotta do it and see how it runs for a day or two while the changes balance out, can always do another arrangement if it fails... I reckon it'll work good for ya mate

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,403 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:58 PM

Hey buddies I'm here with another one

Can I use 2 5inch fans together like for example

Filter...Fan...duct... Fan..
Or do I opened to stop being a cheap ars and get a Y bend lol

Thanks in advance
  • Afton and Nefarious Shenanigans like this

#2 Nefarious Shenanigans

Nefarious Shenanigans

youthful exuberance

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:36 PM

don't really understand what you mean exactly Dex? can you draw a picture lol

one fan after the other on the same run of duct, you get double pressure and about same volume as the max of a single fan

two fans pulling from a Y off the same duct you would get about same pressure as a single fan and double volume of airflow

dunno if that helps at all

draw that picture :lol:

• Dex and Afton like this

#3 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,403 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 05:53 PM

don't really understand what you mean exactly Dex? can you draw a picture lol

one fan after the other on the same run of duct, you get double pressure and about same volume as the max of a single fan

two fans pulling from a Y off the same duct you would get about same pressure as a single fan and double volume of airflow

dunno if that helps at all

draw that picture :lol:

Lol no worries give me 45 mins and I'll get it drawn lol

Thanks buddy brb
Attached File  20190812_185747.jpg   68.48KB   0 downloads

I figured I can multi task lol
  • Afton likes this

#4 Nefarious Shenanigans

Nefarious Shenanigans

youthful exuberance

• Respected User
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 06:40 PM

yep as I said before then Dex

you will get a fuckton of pressure but the amount of air per minute is roughly the same

the second fan can't accelerate the air anymore than the max of the first fan if they are both the same size and on a duct one after the other

yes it will work, but maybe not give you the goal you are after, depending on what you are trying to do mate :)

don't implode your tent with all that pressure lol

• stephen07, Dex and Afton like this

#5 stephen07

stephen07

Content

• Respected User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 06:49 PM

you will get a fuckton of pressure but the amount of air per minute is roughly the same

the second fan can't accelerate the air anymore than the max of the first fan if they are both the same size and on a duct one after the other

yes it will work, but maybe not give you the goal you are after, depending on what you are trying to do mate :)

I can see this been advantage if you have a long run of ducking . But other wise I’m not sure you’ll get to much out of it .
Just maybe a imploding pressure lol :)
  • Dex, Afton and Nefarious Shenanigans like this

#6 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,063 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:40 PM

As, @Nefarious Shenanigans says, fans in series increase pressure rather than air flow, but that's really only completely true in free air conditions - Stick it in a duct with a filter on the end and everything becomes a lot more dynamic.

The extra pressure drop will lead to some increase in air flow because the filter will pass more air at greater pressure gradients (up to a point), but it won't be double (probably).

post-7-0-10428300-1565638752.png

eta: That diagram doesn't really illustrate things very well (it's for fans, not filters - don't know what I was thinking there) - It shows air flow (bottom scale) based on system impedance (left scale), but increasing the pressure drop will have a similar effect to lowering the impedance.

Attached Files

• duke, Dex, Afton and 1 other like this

#7 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,403 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:53 PM

I want fuckton of pressure to push air out of the groom lol..

I extract from tent into airing cubby and then I extract from airing cubby to loft that way it keeps the airing cubby cool as it's throwing hot filtered air out to loft ..

I wanted to add another fan which I have laying about to help the other 5 inch to pull air out so next time I get in mid flower as well the pressure is great so I don't spread the smell around the house and street. Then I can take better pics and be worry free a little more

Tent has a 5 inch extractor and 5inch filter and airing cubby has 5 inch extractor and 8 inch filter too I have a 5 inch fan spare so thought is boost that bigger filter and clear smells from my room after pics/chop.

And yes I double filter my shit thanks to recent grows house still this morning after chopping critical orange punch and it's realy scary.. I have 3 more left that are stinking hard and have 2 weeks or so left and I don't think I'll be able to take pics lol till I'm chopping

#8 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,403 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:04 PM

As, @Nefarious Shenanigans says, fans in series increase pressure rather than air flow, but that's really only completely true in free air conditions - Stick it in a duct with a filter on the end and everything becomes a lot more dynamic.

The extra pressure drop will lead to some increase in air flow because the filter will pass more air at greater pressure gradients (up to a point), but it won't be double (probably).

post-7-0-10428300-1565638752.png

eta: That diagram doesn't really illustrate things very well (it's for fans, not filters - don't know what I was thinking there) - It shows air flow (bottom scale) based on system impedance (left scale), but increasing the pressure drop will have a similar effect to lowering the impedance.

I'm sooo sorry missy I need to Google imploding pressure coz I'm not sure if it's what I'm thinking

Can you explain that again to me in stupid language please I swear your too good at explaining and I feel dumb because it's hard to understand lol
  • duke, Afton and Nefarious Shenanigans like this

#9 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,403 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:41 AM

@Nefarious Shenanigans

Did I make sense there ? The double fan is for the airing cubby to pull air out I can draw it if you like what I want to do better lol

If i made sense would you run the fans in in a single duct off the 8 inch filter?

or would you put a Y bend into the 8 inch filter ?

And if I did run in a single duct the pressure woukd not affect the first fan would it?

They both are exact same 125 thingy black orchard 5 inch fan

#10 Nefarious Shenanigans

Nefarious Shenanigans

youthful exuberance

• Respected User
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:53 PM   Best Answer

it sounds to me as though if you have smell and such leaking backwards out of your house then the high pressure variant like your drawing is what you want bro

just the filter to the first fan then to the second fan then out of the space, all one duct run, your choice as to where you put the second fan, but put the first one near as possible to the filter like normal

it's gonna probably suck doors that are ajar closed and such lol the pressure should be real strong and nothing will get around the filter, everything will go through it and out

EDIT: sometimes you just gotta do it and see how it runs for a day or two while the changes balance out, can always do another arrangement if it fails... I reckon it'll work good for ya mate

• Dex and Afton like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.