19 replies to this topic

#1 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:40 AM

Made 2 x meatloaves to freeze for 'ron and leftover meat mixture made meatballs in tomato soup with steamed veges :)

I used pork mince meat and beef mince meat mixed together

chopped onions

chopped celery (including leaves)  

chopped parsley

grated carrot

tin of tomato soup

Worcestershire sauce 

minced garlic 

beaten eggs

cooked rice

Freezer is pretty full now

Beef and Pork mince meat combined and added onions, carrot, parsley and celery - used hands to mix together

gallery_228_831_255491.jpg

Mix in the cooked rice

gallery_228_831_90346.jpg

mix a tin of tomato soup with some worcestershire sauce and some minced garlic - pour some into the meat mixture and leave the rest to cook the meatballs in and to glaze the top of the meatloaf.

gallery_228_831_14065.jpg

mix in the beaten eggs to the meat mixture

gallery_228_831_229216.jpg

gallery_228_831_210023.jpg

put meat mixture into a greased loaf tin and put some of the soup mixture on top

gallery_228_831_57797.jpg

gallery_228_831_4769.jpg

Cook in the oven at 350F or 180C for about 45 mins - drain off excess fat when cooked

gallery_228_831_71631.jpg

gallery_228_831_25920.jpg

• 2scoops, Bandit 4freekin20, Doublej and 5 others like this

#2 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:45 AM

I'm freezing the meat loaves for another time

gallery_228_831_22546.jpg

gallery_228_831_151116.jpg

Made meatballs with the leftover minced meat mixture

gallery_228_831_82863.jpg

Brown the meatballs

gallery_228_831_15781.jpg

pour the tomato soup and Worcestershire sauce mixture over the top of the meatballs and gently cook on low-medium for about 20 mins, stir ocassionally - steam some veges to go with your meal

gallery_228_831_247260.jpg

Meatballs served with steamed veges

gallery_228_831_23527.jpg

• 2scoops, W.S, Bandit 4freekin20 and 6 others like this

#3 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,524 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:19 PM

You make it look all too easy Petal

• W.S, Petal, Bandit 4freekin20 and 4 others like this

#4 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:05 PM

Awww fanks Jimmi :)

Yep cooking doesn't have to be complicated.

Having a large freezer has really helped in the cooking dept and I'm a big fan of 1 pan type cooking in bulk and freezing meals.

Very helpful particularly for us single people who often find it difficult to cook just for one so end up eating processed junk food which we all know is bad for us (and the pocket).

Thanks again xxx

• 2scoops, W.S, Horse Badorties and 3 others like this

#5 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,524 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:29 PM

Awww fanks Jimmi :)

Yep cooking doesn't have to be complicated.

Having a large freezer has really helped in the cooking dept and I'm a big fan of 1 pan type cooking in bulk and freezing meals.

Very helpful particularly for us single people who often find it difficult to cook just for one so end up eating processed junk food which we all know is bad for us (and the pocket).

Thanks again xxx

Ive just bought me a square chest freezer for spare room cus i was getting that much meat cheap i had nowhere to put it as fridge freezer was full, i love freezer space ive got now, i may even invest in one of those blender sticks you`ve got next time i go Butchers and also get ingredients for that soup from fruit n veg shop. But you know me i say things and it never happens half the time lol. But yes this meatloaf looks simple enough to do as well. We`ll see anyhow but i will put pictures up if i ever get around to doing any of it. Thanks :)

Oh yes i here you about copking and freezing stuff, i do a bit of batch cooking myself and have stuff like chilli`s in their. I also bought me a pasty making thing from ebay other week cus when i knock a meat pie up theirs always loads left and it`s too nice for dog lol. Anyhow i knocked up 20 little pasties which are in freezer made with the left over meat pie filling last week.

• W.S, Petal, bigbadbillybob and 4 others like this

#6 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:39 PM

Ive just bought me a square chest freezer for spare room cus i was getting that much meat cheap i had nowhere to put it as fridge freezer was full, i love freezer space ive got now, i may even invest in one of those blender sticks you`ve got next time i go Butchers and also get ingredients for that soup from fruit n veg shop. But you know me i say things and it never happens half the time lol. But yes this meatloaf looks simple enough to do as well. We`ll see anyhow but i will put pictures up if i ever get around to doing any of it. Thanks :)

Oh yes i here you about copking and freezing stuff, i do a bit of batch cooking myself and have stuff like chilli`s in their. I also bought me a pasty making thing from ebay other week cus when i knock a meat pie up theirs always loads left and it`s too nice for dog lol. Anyhow i knocked up 20 little pasties which are in freezer made with the left over meat pie filling last week.

Love pasties, yum and we are on the same page with bulk cooking lol.

Gotta love the big freezers.

Onya Jimmi love x

• 2scoops, Horse Badorties, Afton and 2 others like this

#7 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,524 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:49 PM

So i had a freezer full of meat last week Petal and i had to move the freezer a little to get a new dryer in, anyhow i unlpugged it and the bastard thing was brimming full with meat, i only realised a day or so later that i forgot to plug it back in when i went in freezer, so yes dogs loving it cus he`s been eating like a king atmo, bloody devo`d i was i tell ya.  :rolleyes:  i`m a right dopey fucker at times i am  :D 

• Petal, Horse Badorties, Afton and 2 others like this

#8 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:54 PM

So i had a freezer full of meat last week Petal and i had to move the freezer a little to get a new dryer in, anyhow i unlpugged it and the bastard thing was brimming full with meat, i only realised a day or so later that i forgot to plug it back in when i went in freezer, so yes dogs loving it cus he`s been eating like a king atmo, bloody devo`d i was i tell ya.  :rolleyes:  i`m a right dopey fucker at times i am  :D

Oh Nooo! :o

I'd be kicking myself.

Lucky pup gets the spoils - a season of feasting B)

#9 no1

no1

pronounced no one

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:34 PM

Great looking loaf @Petal, I never made it with the rice, going to try that out soon, thanks for the recipe.                      :mr:

• 2scoops, Petal, Horse Badorties and 2 others like this

#10 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:04 AM

Great looking loaf @Petal, I never made it with the rice, going to try that out soon, thanks for the recipe.                      :mr:

Thanks no1 :)

I like using cooked rice instead of bread crumbs - holds together well

Glad you like :)

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.