8 replies to this topic

#1 Huktonfonics

Huktonfonics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:05 AM

Hello folks, been finding a few odd patches on my girls. They look a little pale at the tops with some small brown spots on the edges of the leaf.

I've got them in a Wilma using rockwool croutons, drip feeding twice a day for 15 mins.

Not been feeding over 600 ppm, and giving them a balanced diet of ionic bloom, shogun boost, bit of Epsom salts, bit of calmag ( very small doses on the last 2 ), amnio acids and 1/4 dose of green sensation.

Is this a deficiency or a toxic? First time doing this strain aswell.

They're about 5 weeks in.

More I look at it, seems like nute burn ?

Attached Files

Edited by Huktonfonics, 20 August 2019 - 12:56 AM.

• Dekay, jimmi2scoops, duke and 3 others like this

#2 jimmi2scoops

jimmi2scoops

• Moderators
  • 16,278 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:36 AM

Im not totally sure tbh mate but they look underfed a bit but then again have brown dead leaf tips which usually is an opposite to underfeeding which then looks like lockout of somesort in other pictures maybe caused by overfeeding. But at 600ppm your hardly overdoing it and tbh im edging towards underfeeding simply because of all shit your putting in alongside A&B which all effect ppm so in that case then theirs hardly gonna be any AnB in your fert mix so maybe N def what with Hammerhead having P&K alongside AnB well theirs probably enough of those. It certainly doesn`t look  like calcium or magnesium def and why you using epsom salts if using cal/mag epson salts its for magnesium def and pure magnesium sulphate and cal/mag is contains calcium and magnesium which covers both those, basically don`t use both those together and tbh i wouldn`t be using any running a low ppm unless you suffer with cal/mag problems and if you do then try a little higher ppm after flipping for 3 or 4 weeks when plants are hungry as fook gobbling it down, if plants can take it just so they dont start to look hungry, you could probably drop back down after 4 weeks

Myself i`d be dropping everything except AnB cus they looking light in N and run a ppm at 600 and they should come round in a week or two if it is what i think it is snd what ive said and when they start to green up you could maybe drop AnB a little and bring ppm back up with hammerhead.

Maybe check a bit of run off just to be sure salts aren`t building, take a bit from first lot coming outa pot bottoms will give a more true reading.

Small rockwiool cubes on their own may become soaked as well so can cause root problems which in turn may reflect on to your plant, i used to run a 50/50 mix with clayballs till i disacovered coco and overnight plants were bigger fuckers yielding more bud, hint hint lol :D

• Dekay, duke, Horse Badorties and 3 others like this

#3 Nefarious Shenanigans

Nefarious Shenanigans

youthful exuberance

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:41 AM

maybe off pH mate?

some of mine looked this way a ways back, sorta burnt tips but looking pale at the same time

with me it was definitely pH that was off

but I can't speak to your nute regime etc, you gotta know it from before and know if 600 is usually enough... in my show with HESI, 600 ppm would be the highest I would ever have it on something that likes a good feed. But you being in rockwool it is obviously not the same thing and the numbers are not necessarily comparable

a lot of variables in any given grow :)

• Dekay, jimmi2scoops, duke and 3 others like this

#4 Marcus

Marcus

Parrot hat.

• Moderators
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 10:58 AM

Start of a Zinc deficiency. ?

You're giving them lots of different stuff, is the cal mag needed? Epsom salts? Amino acids? 

They may have locked themselves out. 

Personally , I'd fresh res them with a base dose of the bloom and leave them with that for a few days. Still time to add the boosters later if they pick up. 

:dontknow:

• Dekay, jimmi2scoops, duke and 4 others like this

#5 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 11,077 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:22 PM

a good flush and reset medium and give just veg nutes as i think your not giving enough nitrogen,thats what id do anyhow,good luck

• Dekay, jimmi2scoops, Horse Badorties and 3 others like this

#6 Huktonfonics

Huktonfonics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:42 PM

Im not totally sure tbh mate but they look underfed a bit but then again have brown dead leaf tips which usually is an opposite to underfeeding which then looks like lockout of somesort in other pictures maybe caused by overfeeding. But at 600ppm your hardly overdoing it and tbh im edging towards underfeeding simply because of all shit your putting in alongside A&B which all effect ppm so in that case then theirs hardly gonna be any AnB in your fert mix so maybe N def what with Hammerhead having P&K alongside AnB well theirs probably enough of those. It certainly doesn`t look like calcium or magnesium def and why you using epsom salts if using cal/mag epson salts its for magnesium def and pure magnesium sulphate and cal/mag is contains calcium and magnesium which covers both those, basically don`t use both those together and tbh i wouldn`t be using any running a low ppm unless you suffer with cal/mag problems and if you do then try a little higher ppm after flipping for 3 or 4 weeks when plants are hungry as fook gobbling it down, if plants can take it just so they dont start to look hungry, you could probably drop back down after 4 weeks

Myself i`d be dropping everything except AnB cus they looking light in N and run a ppm at 600 and they should come round in a week or two if it is what i think it is snd what ive said and when they start to green up you could maybe drop AnB a little and bring ppm back up with hammerhead.

Maybe check a bit of run off just to be sure salts aren`t building, take a bit from first lot coming outa pot bottoms will give a more true reading.

Small rockwiool cubes on their own may become soaked as well so can cause root problems which in turn may reflect on to your plant, i used to run a 50/50 mix with clayballs till i disacovered coco and overnight plants were bigger fuckers yielding more bud, hint hint lol :D

Cheers bud, I put some of the extra cal mag and Epsom in cus my water comes out at 120ppm an I thought I may have had a mag deficiency. I defoliated a few days ago and saw mottling on a few fan leafs up top, so thought I'd go low on cal mag and epsom to chuck a bit of sulfur in aswell.

I did flush them out saturday and ran a weak bloom, amino and epsom through it ( about 340ppm including base ppm ) then topped up with bloom to about 500ppm and a smidge of green sensation as it's all I've got for a pk boost at the moment. I've just bumped them up to 700ppm with some bloom nutes.

I never run more than 750ppm tops as I think my water is pretty good, but I also think this Ionic Bloom ( soft water ) is pretty light on cal, mag and other traces.

They're waking up shortly so I'll go check. The mid and lower growth is a nice deep green aswell and they're starting to purple.

I think the pollen I chucked was a cookies n cream x dosidos onto a platinum kush breath, but the terps are screaming old school bubble gum.

Edited by Huktonfonics, 20 August 2019 - 06:44 PM.

• Dekay, duke, Horse Badorties and 1 other like this

#7 Huktonfonics

Huktonfonics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:48 PM

Start of a Zinc deficiency. ?

You're giving them lots of different stuff, is the cal mag needed? Epsom salts? Amino acids?

They may have locked themselves out.

Personally , I'd fresh res them with a base dose of the bloom and leave them with that for a few days. Still time to add the boosters later if they pick up.

:dontknow:

I like the aminos as they chelate calcium and add a nice bit of nitrogen aswell, I dont put any fulvic or humics in the res.

The cal mag and salts I literally put a smidge in just to round things off as this Ionic Bloom has come up short on cal/mag in previous grows.

#8 Huktonfonics

Huktonfonics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:51 PM

The Platinum Kush I've ran always ran into magnesium deficiencies previously in mid bloom with just base nutes and any boosters I've used.

I'm going to try a new base nutrient line soon, if I could get Jack's 1-2-3 I'd be all over it.

Edited by Huktonfonics, 20 August 2019 - 06:53 PM.

#9 jimmi2scoops

jimmi2scoops

• Moderators
  • 16,278 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:33 PM

So after crunching all numbers like a rocket scientist does . Well they`re getting around 360ppm or around 0.5-0.6ec of AnB base ferts and they were getting even less before , i feed baby sprouted plants more than that myself, so i`m thinking if you cut everything out except AnB they would improve much quicker it`s that simple your underfeeding main course (base ferts) cus of other additives your adding. Well that`s what i`d do @Huktonfonics mukka. You seem to be adding things and second guessing and adding more of summink your adding anyhow when it`s as easy as just dropping all that crap and upping base ferts most the time. :joint:

• Dekay, duke, marque08 and 4 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.