No replies to this topic

#1 Splatoid

Splatoid

Are you talking to me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 02:21 AM

This is probably my favorite recipe.  My daughter won first prize with this at her work and everybody I have made it for raves about it.
So I thought for my debut as a new member I thought it would be to suck up to you all and get a good head start at a good rep.
HAHA

Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake
Yield: 12 Servings

Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake
Ingredients

2 cups all purpose flour 
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup whole milk
2 tablespoon lemon zest
2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
Crumb Topping
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons butter, melted
Icing
1 cup powdered sugar
1 - 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions

Preheat oven to 350º. Spray a 9 1/2 inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray and flour.
Prepare crumb topping and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and milk. Mix in lemon zest. Add flour mixture and mix just until combine. Stir in blueberries.
Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with crumb topping.
Bake at 350º for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edge and remove ring. Drizzle icing on cake. Cool completely before serving. (Unless you're like us and would rather eat it hot even though the cake doesn't cut as well.)
Crumb Topping
In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour, and butter. Mix until mixture is crumbly.
Icing
Whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice to create a thin glaze.
Notes
If your like me them more lemon and more powered sugar is in order.
I use all the zest from a lemon around 3 tablespoons and I double the icing.
I hope you enjoy this. 

• 2scoops, Petal and Afton like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.