107 replies to this topic

#101 Elevator dude

Elevator dude

Hail the Apocalypse

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:15 PM

Thanks zipp I'm ready for it, have been buying weed for the last month or so.
  • duke, Zipp, Petal and 3 others like this

#102 Exmailguy

Exmailguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:46 PM

Very nice crop! The autos are the way to go if you want a quick turn around and the LST is a good method for keeping a even canopy without stressing the plant too much especially with such a short grow cycle.

Those buds look absolutely delicious!  :smoked:

• duke, Zipp, Petal and 3 others like this

#103 Elevator dude

Elevator dude

Hail the Apocalypse

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 06:10 PM

Thanks exmailguy, when doing photos I abuse them quite a bit. I was scared to try much with the autos for fear of stunting them. I cleaned out the undergrowth but other than that let them be. If I do autos again you can be sure I spend some time training them to be more flat. A quick turn around is exactly why I grew these.
  • duke, Zipp, Petal and 4 others like this

#104 jimmi2scoops

jimmi2scoops

• Administrators
  • 16,839 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 07:36 PM

Very much a plentyfull room of nice fat buddage their ED, the buds look like they`re getting their now as well. Good stuff mukka. :pimped:

• duke, Zipp, Petal and 5 others like this

#105 Elevator dude

Elevator dude

Hail the Apocalypse

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 09:51 PM

Thanks Jimmi, I'm ready to find out what these mephisto autos are all about.
  • jimmi2scoops, duke, Zipp and 5 others like this

#106 JoanieLovesChachi

JoanieLovesChachi

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:00 PM

Overfeeding was one of the abuses, a couple got bone dry and wilted, I was under dosing the cal/mag and let it go too long. Just to mention a few of the ways I tried to mess them up but the genetics pulled me through.

All in all though for a first run in the new room I'll take it. Before next batch I want to get the well water here tested and maybe go with an r.o. system if my water is as hard as i suspect it is. I loaned out my TDS/EC meter just before I moved and I'm still waiting on its return. I have a feeling when I have fresh buds to share it will magically appear.

There is also a good chance I go back to a flood and drain feed vs the drippers I used this time. I have had good results with coco but I think if I am going to go back to a recycling system vs drain to waste I dont want any organic material in my pots.

Pure perlite is going to be the way forward I think. I stopped using h2o2 when I got the water chiller for my resovoir. I'm still getting some muck build up between cleanings so I'll try both for awhile.

RO is probably the best upgrade a grower can make man. Typically clears up any and all water chemistry issues.

Check out Hydrologic kits. Top of the line yet very affordable with common garden hose style connection.

Look for a 1:1 waste reducer addition and a KDF prefilter. The 1:1 restrictor will slow the output...Mine is 100 gallon per day and with the restrictor is about 60 GPD but reduces waste by 2/3. Around here water is precious but RO is needed for a quality grow so using RO but getting it with as little waste as possible is a common goal.

And the KDF prefilter will help keep the RO membrane in great condition and prolong it's life by almost twice as long. The RO membrane is what makes a system so expensive so the longer it lasts the more cost effective using RO can be.

I'm curious...Is your light one large fixture or several separate fixtures? If separated that cures the need for an  even canopy. That's how I can grow sativa hybrids and indicas side by side even though the sattys are always 2'-3' taller than the indis. I just organize my plants by size when pistils start popping under the lights then the lights can be at ideal heights for all plants no matter how tall. This also speeds up the garden. Less time training and trying to hold certain plants back while others catch up. Just let 'em go and hold on for the ride :)

Would also love to see if you could add a bluetooth mesh to your lights. :)  Control on off timing and dimming of each spectra with your smart phone ;)

I'm kinda working on it with my whole room, trying to add a voice assistant so watering and climate control is all voice or phone/tablet controlled :D Hopefully I'll have a smart room up and running for my next grow in a few weeks

• jimmi2scoops, Zipp, Homer and 3 others like this

#107 Elevator dude

Elevator dude

Hail the Apocalypse

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:42 PM

I left my under the sink R.O. filter behind when I bought my house. I wanted to try a run on my well water just to see but a new filter is next on the list.

My light is 2 seperate fixtures 48x38 so an over all foot print is 48x76 but I have them about 6 inches apart.

I am already running them with bluetooth controlled timers/dimmers. They can also work off of wifi if you wanted to but I dont see the need. I'm already in the room if I'm changing light schedules.

https://www.pacificl...ess-controller/

I was looking for the video greengenes put up of the controllers but I cant seem to find it.

So far I am happy with them, set it and forget it. They keep thier programming through power loss. Right now I just have them running full blast 24/7 for the heat.

I'm only using one timer/dimmer/disco simulator per fixture at the moment but I plan on adding "channels" later so I bought 8 of the amelech controllers.
  • duke, Zipp, JoanieLovesChachi and 1 other like this

#108 Elevator dude

Elevator dude

Hail the Apocalypse

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:45 PM

A new grow in a few weeks huh? Can't wait, I always learn something from your grows so I'll be looking g forward to it.
  • jimmi2scoops, duke, Zipp and 1 other like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.