2 replies to this topic

#1 Splatoid

Splatoid

Are you talking to me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 10:25 PM

I've been using this brine for a few years. I have never had a more tender turkey. The white meat is as moist as the dark meat.REALLY!
I use a gallon bucket with the plastic turkey bags they sell in the store to cook them in. I don't like to do them in the bucket cause it is probably not healthy.
I mix the brine in warm water and put the frozen turkey in ans seal the top and store it in the extra fridge I have for a week. It doesn't have to be a week but I do that.
Three days would be plenty. Then I drain the brine out and rinse the turkey and put it back in the bag to cook it. It's a little salty if you brine it all week but we like that.
Note
Also save all the drippings from this turkey the gravy is so good.
2 gallons water 
1 1/2 cups canning or kosher salt 
3 tablespoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon ground black pepper 
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce 
1/3 cup brown sugar
Use a turkey roasting bag

Edited by Splatoid, 14 September 2019 - 10:31 PM.

• 2scoops, duke, olmec and 3 others like this

#2 Splatoid

Splatoid

Are you talking to me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 10:34 PM

Turkey Pot Pie

Ingredients
2 tablespoons butter 
1 onion, chopped 
2 stalks celery, chopped 
3 carrots, chopped 
4 tablespoons flour 
4 cups chicken or turkey stock 
2 potatoes, peeled and diced 
2 cups shredded turkey 
2 tablespoons chopped parsley 
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed 
1 prepared pie crust 
1 egg, lightly beaten 
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 

Melt butter in saucepan and cook chopped onion until tender. Stir in celery and carrots and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add potatoes and simmer until tender. Stir in turkey, parsley and peas. Pour mixture into casserole. Top with pie crust and brush with egg. Bake for 30 minutes until crust is golden. 
I put this here because it is very good with the leftovers from above recipe. And if you add the drippings from the brined turkey ion with some water or broth it is the best pot pie.
No Kidding.

• 2scoops, olmec, Petal and 1 other like this

#3 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 11:06 AM

Yumm! sounds good! :)

• Splatoid likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.