18 replies to this topic

#1 Thelatebloomer

Thelatebloomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 09:50 PM

hello all,

Im looking to grow just a few plants for my own personal consumption, ideally i would like the strains to be cbd rich with either a 1:1 cbd  to thc balance, or a greater amount of cbd to thc ratio. So i have been directed to this site by a friend, basically to just get the best advice on how to go about this, i have heard of autflowers being a super easy cost effective method, however i have missed my window of opportunity as we are now in the winter months, and i don't want to wait till next May to experiment with this. With that in mind i was thinking of using a grow tent, and lights etc, and this is where I'm stuck. There are quite literally hundreds of options, i don't want to spend a fortune on this as i only want to grow a couple of plants and want to keep it as discreet as possible and the costs low, any suggestions on what i should go for would be great and also what seeds i should look at getting for cbd rich cannabis with the ratios mentioned above, also any tips to avoid newbie mistakes would be massively appreciated.

thanks in advance 

• Dekay, jimmi2scoops, duke and 6 others like this

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 11,440 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 10:14 PM

@Thelatebloomer welcome to the circle, firstly if you give some idea of space you plan the grow in rough size etc ie is it a small room,attic? if you want best help then a rough budget will help steer you right,theres many options re tents but i cannot help there as i use only wardrobes as i cant have an obvious tent here and so must employ stealth.

theres lots of thread in the stickys on how to grow in various methods,my advice would be a couple of dutch passion cbd autos a small tent or drobe conversion and grow in large pots of coco fibre if budget allows then led light is easiest for beginner and our friend and member @Forest does great lights i use myself.

if you look in my sig at bottom of this post theres links to the coconutters club grow guide i made it easy to follow and tells all i have learned re coco growing.

i guess as you want cbd type strains your growing for meds rather than recreational use?peace

• Dekay, Zipp, Petal and 5 others like this

#3 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 10:21 PM

Welcome to TGC LateBloomer 

All the best :)

• Dekay, duke, Zipp and 5 others like this

#4 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Administrators
  • 16,012 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 10:53 PM

How much space you got to play with is probably pretty important factor buddy :)

• duke, Zipp, Dex and 4 others like this

#5 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Moderators
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 11:30 PM

And, when figuring your budget, compare "too much" to what you would be paying on the street for possibly sketchy weed.

You will get plenty of friendly help here, so nice choice for a start, these peeps are the best at getting someone going... it's almost like they enjoy it :lol:

• Dekay, duke, Zipp and 4 others like this

#6 Egzoset

Egzoset

Vaporist of Borg.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:48 AM

Salutations Thelatebloomer,

...we are now in the winter months, and i don't want to wait till next May to experiment with this. With that in mind i was thinking of using a grow tent, and lights etc...

Have you considered the eventual implications of using artificial light if there's a "smart" (logging) meter involved?

Even if it's bypassed (as in stealing) the risk of detection ain't zero in an environment where the rest of your neighbourhood is equiped with it as the system is designed to find leaks... Although most people would argue that's very theoretical the fact remains that timers switch significant power loads on and off with the precision of a metronome, all too often crystal-based like a quartz watch, so even if the consumption "pedestal" goes unnoticed it's still broadcasting a strong time-domain signal most characteristic of a 12/12 garden schedule. So, when that's the case it becomes a matter of deciding if your power provider will hand out such evidence data to law-enforcement authorities, while the popular belief is that it's safe as long as you pay your bills.

Personally i consider one relatively reasonable insurance against fears fueled by paranoïa (and immoderate smoking...) would be to exploit the capacity of LEDs to minimize (if not eliminate) pre-heat periods in a tandem of grow spaces, with one up while the other is down and vice-versa. This way only 1 tent would consume electricity at all times and yet 12/12 transitions get a fair chance to escape detection (typical sampling rate being minutes), leaving only some continuous consumption pedestal with no "barking" signal in the time-domain at all. What's involved to control both separate circuits is a single power relay that can only connect one side or the other, never together as this is a mechanical impossibility for SPDT or DPDT models...

Or maybe it's just too hypothetical to worry about it, but at least you now have an opportunity to reflect on such matters too.

Good day, have fun!!  gallery_1683_880_290.png

• Dekay, duke, Zipp and 2 others like this

#7 Highasyalike

Highasyalike

It's Erb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 08:05 AM

Welcome mate

Edited by Highasyalike, 19 November 2019 - 08:06 AM.

• Dekay, duke, Zipp and 5 others like this

#8 jimmi2scoops

jimmi2scoops

• Administrators
  • 16,839 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 03:07 PM

Here`s a 1:1 strain by resin seeds called cannatonic

• Dekay, duke, Zipp and 4 others like this

#9 Thelatebloomer

Thelatebloomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:54 PM

@Thelatebloomer welcome to the circle, firstly if you give some idea of space you plan the grow in rough size etc ie is it a small room,attic? if you want best help then a rough budget will help steer you right,theres many options re tents but i cannot help there as i use only wardrobes as i cant have an obvious tent here and so must employ stealth.
theres lots of thread in the stickys on how to grow in various methods,my advice would be a couple of dutch passion cbd autos a small tent or drobe conversion and grow in large pots of coco fibre if budget allows then led light is easiest for beginner and our friend and member @Forest does great lights i use myself.
if you look in my sig at bottom of this post theres links to the coconutters club grow guide i made it easy to follow and tells all i have learned re coco growing.
i guess as you want cbd type strains your growing for meds rather than recreational use?peace

Thanks so much for getting back too me, really kind of you. I'll take this advice on board and start looking in to it, yes its more for anxiety related issues. And i have heard the cbd rich strains seem to be great for that. Thanks again duke.
  • Dekay, duke, Zipp and 2 others like this

#10 Thelatebloomer

Thelatebloomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:59 PM

How much space you got to play with is probably pretty important factor buddy :)

I was looking at around a 160 x 160 x180 cm in grow tent size, if that gives you some indication of what im going for, inwas going to do it in the garageso could get away with bigger, however i was thinking i wouldnt need much space as i only intend to grow 1 or 2 plants. Does that space seem adequate to you for 2 plants ?
  • Dekay, jimmi2scoops, duke and 3 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.