Newbie Setup Help

18 replies to this topic

#11 Thelatebloomer

Thelatebloomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 12:03 AM

And, when figuring your budget, compare "too much" to what you would be paying on the street for possibly sketchy weed.

You will get plenty of friendly help here, so nice choice for a start, these peeps are the best at getting someone going... it's almost like they enjoy it :lol:

Yes tbh i bought some street weed, but it was so high in thc it really didnt agree with me at all, it just made my anxiety a lot worse, but i was told a higher cbd content or a 1:1 ratio would be a much better option for me. But realistically most street weeds are just super high in thc (well at least the ones ive tried are) so growing seemed like the best way for me.
  • Dekay, jimmi2scoops, duke and 4 others like this

#12 jimmi2scoops

jimmi2scoops

• Administrators
  • 16,839 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 12:09 AM

I was looking at around a 160 x 160 x180 cm in grow tent size, if that gives you some indication of what im going for, inwas going to do it in the garageso could get away with bigger, however i was thinking i wouldnt need much space as i only intend to grow 1 or 2 plants. Does that space seem adequate to you for 2 plants ?

1m square tent will grow you 2 nice plants easily,  if you wanna go a bit bigger 1.2 squared will do you sound and you`ll have plenty of room to get an oscilating fan and heater and whatever else is need in their if just doing 2 plants.

• Dekay, duke, Zipp and 5 others like this

#13 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Moderators
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 12:28 AM

I was looking at around a 160 x 160 x180 cm in grow tent size, if that gives you some indication of what im going for, inwas going to do it in the garageso could get away with bigger, however i was thinking i wouldnt need much space as i only intend to grow 1 or 2 plants. Does that space seem adequate to you for 2 plants ?

That would be luxury accommodations for 2 plants, and very easy for you to work with them!

Study up on training techniques (topping, scropping, lst, scrogging), because that's not a lot of headroom.

I have about 150cm for headroom, and have to get creative, but with that width you should do great.

I do everything but scrogging, and that's only because I don't have the space to veg them into a screen. Starting out, you wouldn't have that restriction.

Duke is a master at scrogging if you wanna put a bug in his ear!

#14 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 07:15 PM

id also recommend a  this for starting off with.

1.2 square tent, by 2 metre high (you neeed the head height for lights, filter fan and the plants .

with either a 400 or 600watt hps light .

You could get a 600watt ballast which is dimmable (I recommend lumiii digita  series.)

and a 6 inch  rvk fan and carboair60 charcoal filter to suit.

this would future proof it and it would easily accommodate 4 decent sized plants.

if you suffer from anxiety, maybe stay away from the sativas, and go with a more indica strain. they are a bit easier on the head ime. 

• Dekay, jimmi2scoops, duke and 6 others like this

#15 Marcus

Marcus

Parrot hat.

• Moderators
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 07:28 PM

Hi Dude. :wave:

Personally I think the CBD strains make my anxiety worse. I find sativas lift any anxiety and help me go get shit done and the indicas can make me a bit twitchy if they are so inclined, but mostly get me stoned. :blink:

I also like sniffing marker pens and stroking my dog's ears. :thumbsup:

What Billy said is good info. I got a 1.2 tent and I get 4 plants in all under a single 315CMH thing. 

Not the heaviest of yields, but I grow for me so I get plenty of leftovers that go on the fire. 

I would highly recommend a fan controller if you go in the garage (you will hear the fan from outside) and an oil filled rad. 600W jobbie or a 1200W one you can turn on half power. 

Oh and an inkbird digital temp controller... https://www.amazon.c...r/dp/B018K82UQU

Put your tent on a bit of carpet so it's off the cold floor and you're good to go. 

Loads of folks on here will help you out, just shout if you need owt. I've got the kettle on but I don;t think it's quite my colour. 

:viking:

• Dekay, jimmi2scoops, duke and 5 others like this

#16 Thelatebloomer

Thelatebloomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:02 PM

Hi all ive orderd my seeds and im trying to figure out what led light to go for, im so confused,😩 im going to only grow 1 plant at a time but would like a fairly decent yield. Can anyone recommend me an led light that would be powerful enough to take me all the way through the cycle from germ to bloom. And also a tent for growing just one plant maybe 2 max.
  • Dekay, duke, Petal and 3 others like this

#17 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 11,440 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:44 PM

Hi all ive orderd my seeds and im trying to figure out what led light to go for, im so confused,😩 im going to only grow 1 plant at a time but would like a fairly decent yield. Can anyone recommend me an led light that would be powerful enough to take me all the way through the cycle from germ to bloom. And also a tent for growing just one plant maybe 2 max.

my advice would be do not buy an led online or from hydro shops,best place is our member @Forest many members here myself included have bought his leds and ive never heard a complaint yet,i have not grown from seed under quantum board but seeing as it is dimmable i see no problem growing from seed to harvest under one qb,2 plants would be better imo just incase 1 goes pearshaped then you not lost all,tents no idea wouldnt use one if it was free!peace

• Dekay, jimmi2scoops, Petal and 4 others like this

#18 Thelatebloomer

Thelatebloomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 11:56 PM

my advice would be do not buy an led online or from hydro shops,best place is our member @Forest many members here myself included have bought his leds and ive never heard a complaint yet,i have not grown from seed under quantum board but seeing as it is dimmable i see no problem growing from seed to harvest under one qb,2 plants would be better imo just incase 1 goes pearshaped then you not lost all,tents no idea wouldnt use one if it was free!peace

Thanks a bunch duke, ill message him now.

#19 Afton

Afton

OLD GUYS RULE!

• Moderators
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 01:27 PM

@Thelatebloomer welcome to the Circle my friend!

I'm an outdoor guy and grow CBD plants every year.

These other guys can get you going indoors and help you all 

the way through. Just take a look at there diaries and you can 

see how they do it and incorporate it into your situation.

I grow organic outdoors and love the results so far.

good luck on your indoor adventure

• Petal and Horse Badorties like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.