4 replies to this topic

#1 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 10:27 PM

Christmas conundrum, this one is one of those things where one day I say yeah, lets do it, and next day I say fuck it ive already built a good system, so input required please.

rdwc system revamp (maybe, if i can summon up the entheusiasm)

option 1 or option 2

circles are pots, dotted circles are lights

option 1 

pros- less nutes, used, can grow  big f off ttrees

cons - more veg, if ones a  dud its a bigger disaster, more electric for vert lights, I have to build it, from scratch

option 2 

pros, 4 week veg is more than enough, proven, I don't have to re- build it, its already made, less lightsm if ones a disaster, who cares?

cons - more nutes used

whadoyareckon then? 1 or 2

the 2 black dots are proposed vertical lighting, which I would undoubtedly burn myself on - often

this is what I already have..

cheers amd merry crubolena

• Dex, Horse Badorties, Zamnesia and 1 other like this

#2 PolyDeformation

PolyDeformation

DisMembered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 05:36 AM

Hey BBBB

I vote option 2

unless you are not using like canna or hesi etc and are the sort of guy who thinks there is something special in ridiculous overpriced nutes, can't see how the nute cost is gonna offset all the build fuckery

Nutes are cheap. Your time and your back are not

what you are doing already works pretty good IMHO

if it ain't broke don't fix it, and all that sort of thing I reckon

not to mention the production capacity of the second option is higher... faster cycles etc, less veg, all the other shit you already mentioned

all the best :)

• duke, Dex, bigbadbillybob and 2 others like this

#3 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,403 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 08:48 AM

Option 1 less is more and more space to move around and more lights I think unless your going formless wattage this round
  • bigbadbillybob, Horse Badorties, Zamnesia and 1 other like this

#4 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 10:09 AM

yeah, i think you're right, more plants = better,. I was pretty wrecked when I posted this.

im gonna patch it up, do another run then take it all down and decide what to do with it.  

i might also just leave the big system but do less plants in it, thats always another option, and one that doesnt involve work of any kind.

And when it comes to nutes I use IOnic mostly, apart from canna cal mag, which is better imo than ionics. they are cheap enough, not like canna or advanced paedophile nutes., which I would never buy anyway because their boss is a child rapist allegedly.

• duke, Horse Badorties, Zamnesia and 1 other like this

#5 PolyDeformation

PolyDeformation

DisMembered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 10:50 AM

yes definitely the old kiddy fiddling is hard to support lol :)

• duke and Horse Badorties like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.