28 replies to this topic

#21 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,524 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 07:09 PM

Haven't had KFC since 1975, jimmi. Usta live on the stuff til I was on a road trip, bit into a piece of extra crispy, and hot oil spewed all over me and the wheel. I don't even think they offered mashed potatoes, probably a good thing, cos I would have been covered in that too. :angry:

I have a buddy who made fish and chips for a restaurant, everyday for 25 years. He got pretty good at it. We can still talk him into breaking out the fryer when we get together for a night of howling at the moon. Done right, it's the best... but mushy peas, yeeeech. What's up with that? I love peas, but why mushy... kinda cute name for describing something that looks like what the cat threw up. :puke:

Pie, mushy peas and gravy lathered in Hendersons relish, you know it makes sense. You dont know what your missing man. Even mushy peas and a bit of mint sauce on its own. They are part of our staple diet up North lol. Gotta be made right though no tinned mushy peas, they`re dried rock hard when you get them you soak them overnight, cook em up and then away you go to mushy pea heaven . :D

• Petal, Horse Badorties and no1 like this

#22 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,819 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:31 PM

Pie, mushy peas and gravy lathered in Hendersons relish, you know it makes sense. You dont know what your missing man. Even mushy peas and a bit of mint sauce on its own. They are part of our staple diet up North lol. Gotta be made right though no tinned mushy peas, they`re dried rock hard when you get them you soak them overnight, cook em up and then away you go to mushy pea heaven . :D

Think I'll stick to my eating down South if I ever make it for a visit... but now pie, what horrible things do you northerners do to them... it just ain't right :eww:

• 2scoops and no1 like this

#23 no1

no1

pronounced no one

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:33 PM

it just made me chuckle a bit is all :lol:

Anyhow enough of my boring advert story. So have you Yanks ever tried  > chips and battered cod with mushy peas and salt and vinegar on top ? Part of our staple diet is that one up north in UK once a week, always with mushy peas and lots of salt and vinegar on top. Tbh i don`t think they even do mushy peas down south lol :o .  We even have a national fish and chips day in June here in UK, best day of year i tell you. :pimped:

I have to try that jimmi, I remember the fish & chips @Mrs Willey used to post, hope is is well btw.       :)

Now Imma starving ol git                    :P

@Petal, thanks for the detailed recipe            :more:

• 2scoops, Petal and Horse Badorties like this

#24 marque08

marque08

pretty mashed

• Respected User
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 09:02 PM

So i was watching American football on tv yesterday, it was on CBS the first game (best game i seen in time by the way). Anyhow point being their was an add break and KFC add came on, man their was $3 deal and what you got for that was a big bowl of mashed potato, about 6 chicken nuggets on top and some gravy and they were shouting how much it weighed along lines of " you get a whole 1lb of food for 3 bucks" It was all mashed potatoes and gravy wtf man. Our KFC`s don`t sell mashed tatters, but point being they shouting about it`s 1lb of food/mash, it just made me chuckle a bit is all :lol:

Anyhow enough of my boring advert story. So have you Yanks ever tried > chips and battered cod with mushy peas and salt and vinegar on top ? Part of our staple diet is that one up north in UK once a week, always with mushy peas and lots of salt and vinegar on top. Tbh i don`t think they even do mushy peas down south lol :o . We even have a national fish and chips day in June here in UK, best day of year i tell you. :pimped:

We deffo have mushy peas down south you soft northerner. We love them too🥂🦑
  • 2scoops, Horse Badorties and no1 like this

#25 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,819 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 09:22 PM

Eeeeeewwww, do they at least put some ham in those mooshy things?

• 2scoops and no1 like this

#26 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,524 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:19 AM

We deffo have mushy peas down south you soft northerner. We love them too🥂🦑

I thought you southern fairies were more jellied eels and winkle types, thinking on that maybe just that Cockney bunch and those lot don`t even come into the north and south divide banter, they`re a breed of their own those Cockney lot lol. :)

• marque08, Horse Badorties and no1 like this

#27 marque08

marque08

pretty mashed

• Respected User
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:36 PM

I thought you southern fairies were more jellied eels and winkle types, thinking on that maybe just that Cockney bunch and those lot don`t even come into the north and south divide banter, they`re a breed of their own those Cocky lot lol. :)

Bugger jellied eels 😷

#28 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,819 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:20 PM

Also, mentioning KFC... why has the Colonel got such a small body?

485_SMP-kfc-logo.jpg

His tie is too tight!

• no1 likes this

#29 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:24 PM

For those who enjoy sweet indulgence

Banana cream pie

med_gallery_228_831_184100.jpg

med_gallery_228_831_11936.jpg

Pavlova

med_gallery_228_831_90260.jpg

med_gallery_228_831_159529.jpg

and for Marcus, we have banana bread...for his diabetes lol :lol:

med_gallery_228_831_262187.jpg

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.