14 replies to this topic

#1 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 12:36 AM

Hi buddies I have had news that in our area council will be doing routine visits and house inspections so I think my growing time is over till I know they will not go into wardrobes ...

I am and was planning to get rid of the tent and move onto wardrobe with way less numbers in groom and now I see this in our news so I'm shitting it

Have any of you had inspection of house by private or any form of housing lot ?

Do they go into clothes cubby? I have a small drobe that I'm using at the moment and wondering if that will do or should I call that quits too ?
  • jimmi2scoops, duke, W.S and 5 others like this

#2 Stoney

Stoney

Squisher

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 01:30 AM

shitty!!!!

sucks to hear Dex.. if it were me i would only chance it if there was no other option. any chance you have a friend or relative that would let you keep em for a few days?  if not, maybe make a very small place just to keep em alive, or take clones and only have to hide small short plants.... just spit balling man, doesn't seem like many options. 

• jimmi2scoops, W.S, THC F13ND and 4 others like this

#3 PolyDeformation

PolyDeformation

DisMembered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:26 AM

what is it that they are inspecting for exactly Dex? sounds seriously like shady business

I imagine, perhaps wrongly, that they are inspecting just to make sure it is not you living there in squalor and once they see it is a normal happy household, reckon you'll be alright. I wouldn't think personally they have any legal right to start opening wardrobes etc. I mean even the coppers would need a warrant to be able to come on your property and do that eh

but yeah not many options except to be ready with some large moving boxes or something. Drop the plants in when you expect a visit, seal them up with tape and stack the boxes like any other cardboard boxes. That has worked well for me in the past with short notice property inspections. Of course you have to be able to pull down the lights and fans pretty quick too. But with a little practice it can all be done in a matter of a couple of minutes, especially in a small drobe

Wish you the best of luck with it anyway bro :)

• jimmi2scoops, W.S, THC F13ND and 3 others like this

#4 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:37 AM

Thanks buddies I just read the article properly they are doing it over next 3 years knocking on doors and they will want to inspect the house andnwhonis living and any outstanding repairs...

I think j will have to stashn in shed or Polly tunnel

I have my brother I can take round to his for half hour but he is at work for most days..

I will have to drop down to a drobe...

I might finish the ones I have now and the clones throw into flower while they are small and make seeds asap.. then drop down to just a drobe .

I think we will get a letter first to be fair so I think I might have a chance....

When I first seen the article and the letter it sounded like they will be randomly go to houses over 3 year but it says all tenants within 3 years should have a visit starting Feb...

I made my drobe so quite and dark so I think I might have a chance
  • jimmi2scoops, W.S, THC F13ND and 3 others like this

#5 jimmi2scoops

jimmi2scoops

In for a penny, in for a pound.

• Administrators
  • 17,791 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:45 AM

For starters they shouldn`t be able just come on off chance your in and they will need to send out a letter usually with a phone number on for you to confirm or or make an appointment date, they shouldn`t be able  cold call knock your door and even if they did its within your right to tell them your busy (gonna docs or hospital in next 10 mins, whatever) and you`ll ring to make an appointment. Gives you time to take things down.

They wont and can`t look in anything that`s not council owned and definitely can`t go looking in drobes. I always stash my grow stuff in the wardrobe when i have inspections that needs access to whiole house, if its just the yearly gas inspection i leave grow up and running but i recently had a full asbostos survey done and they looked everywhere but not in my stuff (drobes etc)

But yes make sure you look at the letter again cus i recently had one from summink about community whatever from council (do-gooders) and they come round once a year to check and let you know whats going down with council and what new services are on offer, just a nosey letter in my view, so i phoned asked if it was compulsory and they said no so i said im not interested. Alot of these letters are a load of bollox i mean how would they access peep who are working all day long, they wont will they, just remember its your house and you got rights and no need to let anyone in unless you make a pre arranged appointment, your doing nothing wrong not letting them in if they call on off chance.

Inspections i find i need to bring room down for are stuff like building survey or shit like that which i have had to do a few times now in past few years and even then most dont look in my grow cupboard but better safe than sorry and all that. But yes generally its on you to make a phone call to arrange a date for them to come or the other way they will send a letter with a date they are coming and you have to phone and confirm they can come on that date or rearrange a new date, lots of times i just blag them im in hospital or at sisters recovering from poorly spell, even going on holiday for a few weeks works if grow is close to finishing, it just gives me a few more weeks to finish up.

That`s how it works with my council mate

• duke, W.S, THC F13ND and 5 others like this

#6 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,034 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:05 PM

Hi buddies I have had news that in our area council will be doing routine visits and house inspections so I think my growing time is over till I know they will not go into wardrobes ...

I am and was planning to get rid of the tent and move onto wardrobe with way less numbers in groom and now I see this in our news so I'm shitting it

Have any of you had inspection of house by private or any form of housing lot ?

Do they go into clothes cubby? I have a small drobe that I'm using at the moment and wondering if that will do or should I call that quits too ?

hi dex they just come visual look in each room and do a lazer scan thingy for the surveyors plans they dont look in any cupboards etc so a drobe should be fine if lightproof and filtered and ext is down low,they cannot randomly turn up and you must be given a time and date for visit atleast thats how it is here and we are housing association tenants,i had them 2 foot from my drobes and not a clue theres a grow there,good luck buddy

• jimmi2scoops, W.S, THC F13ND and 5 others like this

#7 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:02 AM

hi dex they just come visual look in each room and do a lazer scan thingy for the surveyors plans they dont look in any cupboards etc so a drobe should be fine if lightproof and filtered and ext is down low,they cannot randomly turn up and you must be given a time and date for visit atleast thats how it is here and we are housing association tenants,i had them 2 foot from my drobes and not a clue theres a grow there,good luck buddy

Thanks duke and jimmi so much for making me feel better,

So this is my plan is taking tent down put it in shed and use drones till they have been could be now could be in 3 years lol.. I'll have to settle with growing 12 12 from seed or do a sea of green :( so it's easy to dispose ov in shed when they wanna come.

I have hole in ceiling for extraction to the tent and that's reason I'm taking it down I have to fix that and make it look okay till they been..

Gas and leccy never go in boiler cubby so j never need to worry j just hide plants incase and drop tent.. but this them saying inspect the house to make sure all is well.. I hope they send a letter and I'm ill often so I can use jimmis excuse of doctors appointment :D
  • jimmi2scoops, duke, THC F13ND and 4 others like this

#8 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Moderators
  • 7,043 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:58 PM

Dex, can you tell them when you want the inspection, you know schedule it for a good time for you and the plants?

• jimmi2scoops, THC F13ND, Dex and 2 others like this

#9 no1

no1

pronounced no one

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 12:08 AM

Dex, can you tell them when you want the inspection, you know schedule it for a good time for you and the plants?

good call Hoss, with the new arrival happenin, Dex you could give them a date thats good for you.

thats headin em off at the pass, right Hoss?  

#10 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Moderators
  • 7,043 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 01:05 AM

good call Hoss, with the new arrival happenin, Dex you could give them a date thats good for you.

thats headin em off at the pass, right Hoss?  

I forgot about the baby! Schedule it when the tots usually at it's screaming worst...might be best in this case :lol: 

A little breast feeding might distract them a bit, too? How's your boobs Dexy?

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.