8 replies to this topic

#1 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 09:14 AM

Hello my virtual stoner friends, long time no speak!

I've just started growing in coco but I'm going on holiday for a week and getting my mate to babysit the girls whilst I'm away.

Considering he shits himself if I ask him just to water them, I don't think he will be confident mixing the feeds and getting the ph etc.

I'm using a coco A and B, and I know they should be mixed just before use, I'm also using rhizotonic, booster and enzyme

What's the best way to get around this?

Cheers in advance!

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 4 others like this

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:01 AM

Hello my virtual stoner friends, long time no speak!

I've just started growing in coco but I'm going on holiday for a week and getting my mate to babysit the girls whilst I'm away.

Considering he shits himself if I ask him just to water them, I don't think he will be confident mixing the feeds and getting the ph etc.

I'm using a coco A and B, and I know they should be mixed just before use, I'm also using rhizotonic, booster and enzyme

What's the best way to get around this?

Cheers in advance!

hi bud nice to see you in here,you can mix ph etc and leave to settle a few hours and i have left my system on the auto drippers for a week no problem.imo your far better doing the mixing phing etc than a novice and if all they have to do is water they might remember! personally i would not complicate the mix adding zymes and stuff just nutes and ph it and likely remain more ph stable,peace

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 5 others like this

#3 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 03:55 PM

Hi @Slippery .

When I'm in coco, I just mix up a weekly bucket of feed. A splash of silicon in there normally keeps the ph more stable than without in my experience.  

But you'll be cool just mixing up the feed for your pal and leaving him to drown them with it. :thumbsup:

hi bud nice to see you in here,you can mix ph etc and leave to settle a few hours and i have left my system on the auto drippers for a week no problem.imo your far better doing the mixing phing etc than a novice and if all they have to do is water they might remember! personally i would not complicate the mix adding zymes and stuff just nutes and ph it and likely remain more ph stable,peace

Thanks guys, feel a lot better about it now.

Is it ok when there is a film on top of the water and would it be better to keep it in a sealed container?

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 5 others like this

#4 Viz

Viz

Thirsty for knowledge

• Hidden Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 04:09 PM

If you are storing your res in a space that has light, then yes cover it. A film on top of the water is normally not a good thing.

I run a 250l res for my tents and it is restocked as it where every week. Never a problem. If you think there is a possible issue. Add a teaspoon of Hydrogen peroxide with each 10 liters.

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 6 others like this

#5 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 06:43 PM

Cool, cheers all, will be able to relax now, all I need is some good weather, anything below 0 degC and Ill be happy

(Northumberland beach dog walking holiday!)

Funny how your taste changes when you age, 50 now and still a dope soaked hippy :D :D

• Dekay, 2scoops, THC F13ND and 3 others like this

#6 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Moderators
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 12:07 AM

Relax and enjoy your holiday! I've had to have babysitters while we're gone for a week. I just mix up what I think they'll need in 5gal buckets (w/ lids on loosely), then mix up one more... don't want to be short.

I pH to 5.6 because mine always seems to rise slowly in the buckets, and by the end of the week it's up to 6.2... and I'm back!

• Dekay, THC F13ND, bigbadbillybob and 1 other like this

#7 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 06:40 PM

mix just a and b  ph it to 5.5   no organic stuff or it will go off , and  bottle it in light proof bottles or if not poss  store in  in a cool dark place and he been golden for the week ,

• Dekay, Horse Badorties and no1 like this

#8 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Administrators
  • 16,169 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 09:51 PM

You could always just give em water, a week of water wont harm em in coco :)

• 2scoops, duke, Horse Badorties and 1 other like this

#9 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 07:28 AM

S'all good fellas, they had grown like stink on a monkey!

Thanks for the help.

• 2scoops, duke, Horse Badorties and 1 other like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.