3 replies to this topic

#1 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,972 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 10:17 AM

i need some ro unit advice ,so my ro unit sits under the sink, its got a 3.5gallon  vac tank and elecky pump with a drinking water tap on the sink,

is there a gizmo that  turns it all on and off on demand?  im fed up of having to turn it all on and then back off to stop wasting water because when its full it keep on pouring water down the drain

ive found this but that wont turn the pump off

https://www.vyair.co...-way-valve.html

any ideas ?

• duke, Zipp, Horse Badorties and 1 other like this

#2 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 04:50 PM

RO isn't my game, @ Forest,  but what do you need to turn on and off?

Would a simple electrical float switch in the receiving tank work?

Perhaps in conjunction with an electrically-operated water valve?

• duke and no1 like this

#3 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,972 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 09:39 AM

hi missy, thanks for answering ,yes  a  float switch is the normal way on fishtanks etc but on mine ive got no open  tank to put one in it goes to a tap on the drainer, i think ive found  the solution, i need a high presure switch to turn the pump off in conjunction with a 4 way valve thingy , more joints to leak haha ,

missy am i remembering correctly? that u use dry orgainc ferts or was it chemical? i remember u linking to some on ebay a age ago

• duke and no1 like this

#4 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,819 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 03:08 PM

Would a regular well pump pressure switch do it? I have a unit with those push and clip connectors. They seem pretty sketchy, but are surprisingly good... as long as you push them in far enough, lol! :lol:

• no1 likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.