• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

#231 Afton

Afton

OLD GUYS RULE!

• Moderators
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 09:12 PM

Sorry to disappoint you buddy but outdoor grows could go all year long depending on what you got going on.

Will finish harvesting and drying around Thanksgiving.

Then I need to dig out about 2 feet of soil in the new holes to put in some chicken wire to keep the gophers out.

Dump all the potted plants into the kiddie pools and prep for super soil mixing.

Then in January I will start my regular seeds and grow them about 3-4 weeks and then flip them to a 8 and 16 to flower.

This will let me know which regs are girls or boys and bin the boys and re-veg the girls.

Start buying all the amendments for the super soil mixture.

In February start mixing the super soil and cover to cook and then turn a couple time for a good mixture.

Then in the end of February or the first of March start soaking seeds.

So maybe a couple of months if I'm lucky now that I timeline if off.

I could run some autos in that lag time but why I have too much weed now!

• Petal, Horse Badorties and Spaceman like this

#232 Spaceman

Spaceman

Has dirty fingernails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 11:12 AM

Always confused me why people flip their plants to show sex. They show their sex on 24 hours of light when they are quite young.

I have sold my 4 gn telos 10 panels. Paid £1619.80. Used them for 6 months, then got £1270 back.

I get 10% off at my local hydro shop so will be reinvesting the £ into 2 of these...

Gavita Pro 6/750e DE Flex Complete Fixture 400V Lamp. Swapping 1200w of led for 1500w. I imagine the yield will be much better under the gavitas.

Each light will have it's own 4x4. Won't even need led supplementing them. Leds will just get in the way and be exposed to lots of heat.

It's great to bring in money for the too much lighting I had and still do have I guess. I will be flogging more leds for sure.

• duke, Horse Badorties and Afton like this

#233 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Moderators
  • 7,819 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 08:33 PM

Sorry to hear you'd buy Gavitas. They are part of Scott's (the miracle grow folks, and shills for Monsanto's roundup) shell company, Hawthorn Gardening Co. All three companies without any conscience in regards to protecting the planet, or anything other than their bank accounts. They are trying to gobble up anything and everything to do with pot. Check out what they already scarfed up. There's gotta be more responsible alternatives, eh?

Ok that's my rant for the day. :angry:

I run some quantum boards along with 315 cmh's. Keeps the leccy down a bit, and still packs a punch with penetration.

Good luck with making a new setup :)

• duke, Ken Erbis, Afton and 1 other like this

#234 Spaceman

Spaceman

Has dirty fingernails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 06:56 AM

Sorry to hear you'd buy Gavitas. They are part of Scott's (the miracle grow folks, and shills for Monsanto's roundup) shell company, Hawthorn Gardening Co. All three companies without any conscience in regards to protecting the planet, or anything other than their bank accounts. They are trying to gobble up anything and everything to do with pot. Check out what they already scarfed up. There's gotta be more responsible alternatives, eh?

Ok that's my rant for the day. :angry:

I run some quantum boards along with 315 cmh's. Keeps the leccy down a bit, and still packs a punch with penetration.

Good luck with making a new setup :)

I used to use cmh. I bought 4 kits. I had several power cuts and 2 of the lamps would then fire up for a few seconds, then shut down. So I sold the other 2.

#235 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Moderators
  • 7,819 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 02:16 PM

Some cmh lamps are better than others. I went through a few lower priced ones before it sunk in it was worth to pay the little bit more for Philips :rolleyes:

• duke, Afton and Spaceman like this

#236 Spaceman

Spaceman

Has dirty fingernails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 03:57 PM

Some cmh lamps are better than others. I went through a few lower priced ones before it sunk in it was worth to pay the little bit more for Philips :rolleyes:

I used the maxibright 315w cmh. I'm not getting cmh again after that. Shame coz it was probably the best grow light I have ever used. I was using osram red 630nm + 660nm + 3500k leds with it. It was probably the most dank weed I ever grew to be fair.

#237 Spaceman

Spaceman

Has dirty fingernails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 07:45 PM

Please move this to completed.

New journal is...

https://www.t-g-c.nl...toflorecientes/

• paul_led_126pro and Afton like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.