#12 Never have I ever

Never have I ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 08:57 PM

Welcome to the site mate. :)

Hi Jimmi and thank you, another name Timo ( Max ) mentioned to me before to ask help when badly stuck. :)
  • 2scoops, duke, Horse Badorties and 1 other like this

#13 Afton

Afton

OLD GUYS RULE!

• Moderators
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 05:30 PM

@Never have I ever

:missywelcome:  :marmswave:

• duke, Horse Badorties and Never have I ever like this

#14 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,960 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 02:01 PM

Well that's obvious haha, and I would go with HPS again but where im living heat would be a massive issue, iv a Chinese below me and all the heat from kitchen comes straight through the floor. Flat is around 20c all the time and now with that heat I'm barely alive myself neva mind when iv 2 600w going around the clock again :(

Welcome to the :tgc: never ever ever :mr:

Just let me sling this puddy cat into that flock of pigeons...

Why Led? Just because of the heat issues? Well, Leds still kick out a bit, just not as much as an HID (hps or mh), meaning it's still going to be getting toasty in your tent. I'd be leaning towards sticking with an HPS and digital ballast then spending on a really good intake/outtake setup to better control the temps regardless of light / heat source. Something like a 6" intake fan with 8-10" extract fan and filter. Making sure that you get a good clean intake of air from outdoors or a really cool area.

Just something to think about. :ninja:
  • 2scoops, duke, Horse Badorties and 2 others like this

#15 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 07:23 PM

I'd do the opposite a good led system 640w there and u will only need a 5inch fan. I can cool a 500w draw with a 4inch ruck style fan .
  • Budgie, duke, Horse Badorties and 2 others like this

#16 Never have I ever

Never have I ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 10:37 PM

Welcome to the :tgc: never ever ever :mr:

Just let me sling this puddy cat into that flock of pigeons...

Why Led? Just because of the heat issues? Well, Leds still kick out a bit, just not as much as an HID (hps or mh), meaning it's still going to be getting toasty in your tent. I'd be leaning towards sticking with an HPS and digital ballast then spending on a really good intake/outtake setup to better control the temps regardless of light / heat source. Something like a 6" intake fan with 8-10" extract fan and filter. Making sure that you get a good clean intake of air from outdoors or a really cool area.

Just something to think about. :ninja:

Hi there :) reason I wanna try LED is cos its something new, not just the heat issue. My last grow i had lumatek 600w 400w and i think it was omega 600w , both digi, grow room was 2.4m x 2.2m , had 2 1.2m parabolic reflectors and 2 5" extractors, one of them had split ducting just to get heat out from under the reflectors cos they got damn hot tbh. For intake I had ram 8" tho that was old and bought as second hand and I could not keep my temps below 32c in daytime. Had lights on 24/7. I even extended cord on ballasts to get them further from the room I had built. And saying all that I'm actually looking into some dwc systems atm even tho I thought I'll go with coco again haha, just wanna experiment etc and see what I find most challenging if that makes any sense all =D
  • Budgie, 2scoops, duke and 2 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.