#111 paul_led_126pro

paul_led_126pro

Starting out

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 06:06 PM

Love a bit of amnesia , bit like my youth in Ibiza lmfao
I have been looking to find some Thai weed seeds , Jesus , that would be awesome , 17 on Thai sticks que at Adelphi night club chewing pills smoking stick rofpmsl
  • 2scoops, duke, Horse Badorties and 2 others like this

#112 2scoops

2scoops

In for a penny, in for a pound.

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,521 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 07:14 PM

Love a bit of amnesia , bit like my youth in Ibiza lmfao
I have been looking to find some Thai weed seeds , Jesus , that would be awesome , 17 on Thai sticks que at Adelphi night club chewing pills smoking stick rofpmsl

Iff you ever wanna grow it try that Outlaw (amnesia haze) of Dutch Passions, man thats best bar none, big fat dense buds full of crystals. I`ve grown it twice and i will again. Not like some of the airy fluffy hazey strains ive seen and grown, it`s my fave Paul. Kudos to Dutch Passsion their,  for real. :fly:

• paul_led_126pro, duke, Horse Badorties and 2 others like this

#113 2scoops

2scoops

• Respected User
  • 18,521 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 12:25 PM

So these were brought down last night at 69days of 12/12, both the future#1 & mob boss were said 10weeker strains in read up, like fuck, the mob boss was well and truly done at 8 weeks and the f#1 could have gone 12 weeks, but i really needed to btring them down cus the mob boss was really well and truly cooked and so both needed come down together, i checked out trichomes late last week and both were good enough to bring down, but the f#1 left another 2 weeks would for sure have piled more weight on. Out of them both the mob boss had that lush dank as fuck heavy lingering fruity little number stink to it, really nice. The mob boss well where the noodler was that had bud rot 2 top buds had a wee bit of bud rot, but all in all jobs a good en.

So as for LED lights, tbh im quite impressed from what ive seen, in that yes main buds were no where near as mahoosive as you get from a 4 or 600hps bulb, but man i don`t know whether it`s strain related or not cus first time ive grown these, but every single bud was solid all way down on both plants, really not much waste on plant at all, certaionly no crappy fluffy buddage you get running hps lights, so that got me wondering and thinking that led light penetrates into canopy more than a hps does, what your thoughts on that your LED type growers ? Anyhow so future plan is to crank the power up in their with LED from 350 to 450wattage, cus i recently aquired another 100watter LED but yes im gonna run this future#1 strain for a few or more grows with cuittings and bung the in the big hps lights for winter and come spring all being well i`ll be running the same strain under the leds, just for peace of mind and all that shit. See how we go.

So me being me i forgot to get fucking camera out till mob boss was down so theirs none of those pictures only whats in container in pictures. But that`s me all over these days, a senile old git i am lol. Yield i dont own scales but their looks enough till next time, when i do a grow with both lights led and hps i shall defo get my hands on some scales.

Lots of pictures, cheers for looking in guys n gals. :)

Frosty goodness close ups from late last week

Dried jarred 3 noodler yields.

• duke, Ken Erbis, Horse Badorties and 3 others like this

#114 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,839 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 05:59 PM

nice one jimmy!and yes in my last 2 and a bit yrs using led i have grown my fave girl the tangerine dream 2014 and so a plant i know well and best buddage by a mile is under the led solid as rock and near zero popcorn however this is only doable in summer in my groom so im only half led convert mainly i degrudge the extra cost of adding a heater even when the light is on thats just taking the piss!bad enough having to have heater when its dark,sissies!

still love my hps though faithful so far for 10 years service and only ever changed bulb every 6 months,enjoy your harvest

• 2scoops, Ken Erbis, Horse Badorties and 3 others like this

#115 2scoops

2scoops

• Respected User
  • 18,521 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 12:24 PM

nice one jimmy!and yes in my last 2 and a bit yrs using led i have grown my fave girl the tangerine dream 2014 and so a plant i know well and best buddage by a mile is under the led solid as rock and near zero popcorn however this is only doable in summer in my groom so im only half led convert mainly i degrudge the extra cost of adding a heater even when the light is on thats just taking the piss!bad enough having to have heater when its dark,sissies!

still love my hps though faithful so far for 10 years service and only ever changed bulb every 6 months,enjoy your harvest

Yes mate theirs nowhere near as much buddage as i get from 400hps in their by prolly a few oz or more looking at it now and then theirs still lots of airy lower down crap from hps for other things not so from led. But i will see over next few or more grows for sure as i get used to this plant a bit more and know how it grows better. Tbh i don`t think 350watts is enough LED power myself in that room 1100mm x 550mm so im adding another 100watter quantum board i won. But atmo even though i think its done a nice jobby im still not a full on convert yet, a bit like yourself, but kinda new to using them i suppose so im gonna percivere as i really wanna go down the LED growing route all the time, just not next few or 3 grows so i can sort my head out and own curiosity as to whether all these led growers are full of shit shouting how they get more bud or equivalent from lets say a 300 or 400 watt led than they do from a 400 or 600hps with same cloned plant and also to see what the difference is. Yes i know if an led grower sees this i may get its all about training etc, but they can kiss my big fat arse lolz.... cus im training them to advantage of an led light over a hps imo by defoliating letting light get to the whole plant and i can see by that led does penetrate right down, so im gonna sort my shit out and get a comparison rolling for my own curiosity more than anything else done over possibly next 12 months with different lighting and see how we go. Cheers mate. :)

• duke, bigbadbillybob, Horse Badorties and 2 others like this

#116 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:07 PM

how you getting on with the hand cranker JImmy, saves loads of time eh?

plants are looking good, i know you said that HPS buds were fatter, but maybe with the led ones being denser, they maybe weigh up the same?

i dunno, if im honest, im just guessing.

im on my first LLED run too, but they are too early to tell anything, just a couple of weeks in. i did notice a fair temp reduction with them tho, which is a bonus.

• 2scoops, Horse Badorties and Spaceman like this

#117 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:09 PM

and yeah i think you will notice a difference with the other 100 watter Jimmy,

i thought your space was smaller to be honest. im running 2 of the 275 boards in a 1.2 squared, seems to keep temps around 24 degrees.

• 2scoops, Horse Badorties and Spaceman like this

#118 2scoops

2scoops

• Respected User
  • 18,521 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 09:47 PM

how you getting on with the hand cranker JImmy, saves loads of time eh?

Yes smashing it i can`t belive i never bought one 10 years back

plants are looking good, i know you said that HPS buds were fatter, but maybe with the led ones being denser, they maybe weigh up the same?

i dunno, if im honest, im just guessing.

Yes and no, i mean i know theirs less buddage for sure  than what i get in that space with a 400hps(110%) , but then again i can`t spout about it too much cus ive got no, lets say tests to satify my own curiosity, but yes you`ll know yourself soon and make your your own decision cus i know you wont iron over cracks and be straigfht to point cus i just know your like myself in that respect. But yes i know ill get more from a 400hps and loadsa crappy shit for other goodie but no way atmo with led lets say first go, it isnt thougg. But i really wanna go full on led just from what i read (it produces stronger weed) which is a fact apparently and i dont dispute that but where my hmmm.... yay or nays lie is yes cool ive seen pages and tests done online saying its stronger, but fuck me man, my hps grown buddage knocks me for 6 so what do i wan`t. Tbh Billy i can see myself doing as duke does, winter hps goes in and summer led, horses for course and all that shit as a good guy (@Olmec) once told me last time he was up. Anyhow im far from cribbing led cus im not but i do like 400 or 600hps top biggi buds more, that said no matter outcome of my test grow hps and led with clones, just to satify my own curiosit, i dont think ill be using hps anymore in 12 months time (never say never though), its just that what gets me is well you see plenty screamming led is daddio over hps, but iff you`ve used both even a little bit you just gonna know those screamers are either doing summink i dont know or just pure led type dudes, nowt wrong with that at all, but well as said im gonna learn strain as mentioned and lets say not call peeps spinners but well fuck knows but to satisfy my own head even though i prolly (99% sure) know outcome deep down... Dont you butter over cracks yourself either. :D

• marque08, bigbadbillybob, Horse Badorties and 1 other like this

#119 Spaceman

Spaceman

Has dirty fingernails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 09:02 AM

I have just bought 3 Gavita 750w lamps. Still got 15 leds. I'll give you good odds that in the winter I will have a spell using hps with led together.

• 2scoops, duke and Horse Badorties like this

#120 ValleyDragon

ValleyDragon

Advanced Member

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 02:07 PM

Nice grow jimmi, u got alot more meat on the future strain than I did, and I used hps! 😂

I certainly think led growing is gonna be the best option in the future but personally I'm more for hps at mo

There's pros and cons both ways, less heat/electric with leds but an hps setup is fraction of price of a decent led light. Also I like the king Kong colas and I can't see led matching hps in that aspect yet unless its the setups that cost big bucks

Anyway just my opinion, well done mate 👍
  • 2scoops, duke, bigbadbillybob and 2 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Anesia Seeds, daft fuckers growing weed

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.