#121 paul_led_126pro

paul_led_126pro

Starting out

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 06:39 PM

Yes smashing it i can`t belive i never bought one 10 years back

Yes and no, i mean i know theirs less buddage for sure than what i get in that space with a 400hps(110%) , but then again i can`t spout about it too much cus ive got no, lets say tests to satify my own curiosity, but yes you`ll know yourself soon and make your your own decision cus i know you wont iron over cracks and be straigfht to point cus i just know your like myself in that respect. But yes i know ill get more from a 400hps and loadsa crappy shit for other goodie but no way atmo with led lets say first go, it isnt thougg. But i really wanna go full on led just from what i read (it produces stronger weed) which is a fact apparently and i dont dispute that but where my hmmm.... yay or nays lie is yes cool ive seen pages and tests done online saying its stronger, but fuck me man, my hps grown buddage knocks me for 6 so what do i wan`t. Tbh Billy i can see myself doing as duke does, winter hps goes in and summer led, horses for course and all that shit as a good guy (@Olmec) once told me last time he was up. Anyhow im far from cribbing led cus im not but i do like 400 or 600hps top biggi buds more, that said no matter outcome of my test grow hps and led with clones, just to satify my own curiosit, i dont think ill be using hps anymore in 12 months time (never say never though), its just that what gets me is well you see plenty screamming led is daddio over hps, but iff you`ve used both even a little bit you just gonna know those screamers are either doing summink i dont know or just pure led type dudes, nowt wrong with that at all, but well as said im gonna learn strain as mentioned and lets say not call peeps spinners but well fuck knows but to satisfy my own head even though i prolly (99% sure) know outcome deep down... Dont you butter over cracks yourself either. :D

I’m 100% led mate and I’m lovin it , never had buds so dense as to them on the noodlers , and from personal experience I do believe led grown plants to be tastier and more frosty ,
Myself and a mate grew some cuttings of a widow he was under 400w hps and I had 2 of the old school purple glowing 126w Hydrogrowled led panels I have had for 9 years , he ended up laughing at my grow as his was way bigger and budded , but when they started maturing mi e looked like they had being hit by a hard frost , and when dried and cured he ended up with about 38g more than I did , but when skinning up he needed to put twice as much in his because mine was way stronger.

So it’s horses for courses , if weight is the aim hps maybe the win , quality of the end smoke led every time .

That’s my take on it
  • 2scoops, duke, Horse Badorties and 2 others like this

#122 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 09:38 PM

yep, Jimmy, you know me all right, tell it like it is, and if it upsets anyone, well tough titties eh, but there will be no buttering over cracks mate. 

im still on the fence with leds, ive only been a few weeks, but ive already decided that "IF" these 2x 275s do the bizzo, im gonna shell out some serious bucks (on credit card obvs) on a big un, a decent 600 odd watt job. im liking the  look of the gavita one, but its crazy money, and im tight as fook.

Its a BIG "IF" tho

• 2scoops, marque08, ValleyDragon and 3 others like this

#123 2scoops

2scoops

In for a penny, in for a pound.

• Administrators
  • 18,520 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 11:45 AM

I have just bought 3 Gavita 750w lamps. Still got 15 leds. I'll give you good odds that in the winter I will have a spell using hps with led together.

Was looking at Gavita`s other day but all lot they do, just trawling around web, they sell some real big mofo type lamps those guys, should do you good. But yes that`s my plan me thinks too, well to run with hps in winter and led in Summer don`t think i could fit an led alongside the hps but will have to look. :) .

Nice grow jimmi, u got alot more meat on the future strain than I did, and I used hps! 😂

I certainly think led growing is gonna be the best option in the future but personally I'm more for hps at mo

There's pros and cons both ways, less heat/electric with leds but an hps setup is fraction of price of a decent led light. Also I like the king Kong colas and I can't see led matching hps in that aspect yet unless its the setups that cost big bucks

Anyway just my opinion, well done mate 👍

Mate i don`t think so, really the ones you grew were shuuge up top in comparison.:)

I’m 100% led mate and I’m lovin it , never had buds so dense as to them on the noodlers , and from personal experience I do believe led grown plants to be tastier and more frosty ,
Myself and a mate grew some cuttings of a widow he was under 400w hps and I had 2 of the old school purple glowing 126w Hydrogrowled led panels I have had for 9 years , he ended up laughing at my grow as his was way bigger and budded , but when they started maturing mi e looked like they had being hit by a hard frost , and when dried and cured he ended up with about 38g more than I did , but when skinning up he needed to put twice as much in his because mine was way stronger.

So it’s horses for courses , if weight is the aim hps maybe the win , quality of the end smoke led every time .

That’s my take on it

Yes that`s not in dispute one bit Paul in fact ive read a few pages with side by side really pro stuff type tests done and all said Led produces stronger buddage and numbers said that. But yes what i do know is i get smashed on bud grown with hps or led so does that really matter to me, feck knows :)

yep, Jimmy, you know me all right, tell it like it is, and if it upsets anyone, well tough titties eh, but there will be no buttering over cracks mate. 

im still on the fence with leds, ive only been a few weeks, but ive already decided that "IF" these 2x 275s do the bizzo, im gonna shell out some serious bucks (on credit card obvs) on a big un, a decent 600 odd watt job. im liking the  look of the gavita one, but its crazy money, and im tight as fook.

Its a BIG "IF" tho

Well mate ive just jarred it up after 4 or 5 days hanging so still have a bit of moisture ill get rid off in curing process. Anyhow i got around 165gram from both so around 6oz give or take. Don`t get me wrong one coulda done with another week but i can`t see that adding around 2, 4, and 6 extra oz which is generally what i get in that space, between 8 and 12 oz, but mostly around 10oz when i use a 400 hps. Think i may do dual led and hps combo next grow using a 400hps and my small 100watter led, just to give plants that full sun spec but get yield too, im undecided mate tbh. But winters here so it`s defo hps time in my world :)

• paul_led_126pro, duke, ValleyDragon and 4 others like this

#124 2scoops

2scoops

• Administrators
  • 18,520 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 01:10 PM

click on me

• Petal, Afton and Clicks like this

#125 2scoops

2scoops

• Administrators
  • 18,520 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 01:24 PM

Or you can upload to gallery @Clicks and click on the picture> options (top right nect to picture)>view all sizes (in drop down menu) >click the picture at size needed> which takes you to url page> click on picture hit copy > click the square looking picture frame thingi-mi-jig just below my media in blue header box above reply typo box > add url >ok

You can see my media circled black and url pic uploader circled in red in next picture just click on small picture below to expand it and see obviously.

Attached Files

• duke, Petal, Solo Quin and 2 others like this

#126 Clicks

Clicks

Advanced Member

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 11:43 AM

Or you can upload to gallery @Clicks and click on the picture> options (top right nect to picture)>view all sizes (in drop down menu) >click the picture at size needed> which takes you to url page> click on picture hit copy > click the square looking picture frame thingi-mi-jig just below my media in blue header box above reply typo box > add url >ok

You can see my media circled black and url pic uploader circled in red in next picture just click on small picture below to expand it and see obviously.

Thanks very much dude. Will try that today. 

Also holy moly, that is an amazing bud. Looks about the size of all of mine put together! lol

• 2scoops, duke, Petal and 2 others like this

#127 Afton

Afton

OLD GUYS RULE!

• Respected User
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 09:03 AM

Now that is one massive spear for sure!

• 2scoops and duke like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Anesia Seeds, daft fuckers growing weed

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.