Photo
- - - - -

drying, curing and humidity

drying curing humidity harvest

Best Answer Anonymiss , 03 August 2014 - 05:03 PM

I wonder whether those Boveda humidity-control things are worth it?

http://www.bovedainc.com/

They do one for 'herbal medicine' which keeps the humidity within the range of 59% to 63%. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 The Clone Ranger

The Clone Ranger

THE YORKSHIRE PUDDING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:14 AM

right ive dried my harvest, but have i dried it enough???

ive had it on the drying rack now for about 5 days and seems very crispy and dry there is no or next to no moisture in some of the stalks. so i put the bud in my big 3ltr curing jar and manged to squeeze my thermometer and rh meter, in there and was reading 20c and RH 71....... will i still have to much moisture in the bud??? or is this just right??

• The Dude Abides likes this

#2 marque08

marque08

pretty mashed

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:27 AM

I would say that's to wet mate. think you will  struggle not to  get mould at 70%, 65% is about right but you'll find it difficult to drop the 5% by burping. id take it out and give it a couple more days.

• The Dude Abides, hazed bunny, Zipp and 2 others like this

#3 The Clone Ranger

The Clone Ranger

THE YORKSHIRE PUDDING

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:51 AM

what would you say was the right rh? in my house is rh68 and in my room is about same. ive got multiple 3/4oz`s rolled up in newspaper on my windowsill with my window cracked open will this steep the moisture out of the bud as well as giving it fresh air

Edited by The Clone Ranger, 03 August 2014 - 08:56 AM.

• marque08 likes this

#4 marque08

marque08

pretty mashed

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:50 AM

air movement's good I use a fan blowing air around mine when its drying( not directly on it though) not sure on the paper as I've never tried but I've heard of people doing it. in my opinion the weed will still dry even if your rooms rh is a little high, just takes longer.

• The Clone Ranger likes this

#5 The Clone Ranger

The Clone Ranger

THE YORKSHIRE PUDDING

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:55 AM

yeh sun is out on my window sill now temps up to 26c and rh down to 45, lowest ive seen it this summer lol

#6 Nun

Nun

Mad High At Times

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

Remember it takes a while for the RH meter to read the correct value.

So aim for low 60s rather than 65% when you seal it up.

People get way too precious about this. 

My mate once found a totally crispy cola that had fallen behind his hot water tank and been there for 6 months or so.

It was a beautiful smoke.

Yes, too dry, and a bit dusty, but it convinced me forever that too dry is way way way way way better than too damp.

• Budgie, KiefKat and Zipp like this

#7 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:03 PM   Best Answer

I wonder whether those Boveda humidity-control things are worth it?

http://www.bovedainc.com/

They do one for 'herbal medicine' which keeps the humidity within the range of 59% to 63%.
  • Budgie, Zipp and The Clone Ranger like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: drying, curing, humidity, harvest

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.