17 replies to this topic

#1 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,972 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 04:42 PM

hi guys  not sure if this is the right place for this , im sure it will get moved if not ;) what do you gents and ladies  use to suck up the run off ?  , ive 4 pots in a diy fiber glass tray i made, it all runs to one corner and i cant add any sort of drainage system as theres no room , 

so i want a sucky up thingy  :D

• duke, symbol 22, Horse Badorties and 2 others like this

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,918 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 04:46 PM

hi forest i use a 12v caravan water pump and a small electric scooter battery it works good i did have one of those car oil removing sucky things 5 ltr was not big enough!hi to jo,peace

• Forest, Horse Badorties, Spaceman and 1 other like this

#3 NemesisOne

NemesisOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 04:50 PM

Hi Forest,, I use Hailea HX 1500 pumps in my RTA trays and buckets etc.. as they are cheap, suck from the bottom and take a standard 12-13mm pipe,

if you get one glue the attachment for it onto the pump tho as its not a tight fit and remove the flow regulator from the bottom, its a lever,

Theyve worked for me for a good 3 years and still going. 

Can find them on ebuzz etc,, easy to get hold of.

Hope that helps. 

Edited by NemesisOne, 08 October 2020 - 04:51 PM.

• duke, Forest, Horse Badorties and 1 other like this

#4 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,972 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 05:05 PM

ok thanks fellas i wish id had the foresight to fashion a sump in the tray  , next time if that ever comes around ,

i have one of those plastic hand  pumps for oils and fuel with pipe that kinks all the time   , today i had lots of sucking noise and some waste in the bowl but  it really needed doing  slowly to keep the pipe under the level and not suck  air  , it needs a better solution 

• duke, Horse Badorties, Spaceman and 1 other like this

#5 ZenArcher

ZenArcher

Cleaned my nails

• Respected User
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 05:11 PM

Something like this would do your run off in no time Forest mate :)

https://www.ebay.co....CLK|clp:2334524

#6 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,972 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 05:35 PM

i dont think it will m8 its not deep enough  ,  for those pumps to suck  , perhaps im just being lazy and i should get a big sponge 

• duke, ZenArcher, Horse Badorties and 2 others like this

#7 NemesisOne

NemesisOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 06:02 PM

yep, totally understand, ive just tested one on a big flat 1m tray... nope it didnt suck it all up, I use Airpot RTA Trays and they are deep enough plus you can add a pipe to it for draining to a external pump and to connect other trays too.

so apologies my friend, your right, those little pumps are toosh for big flat shallow trays.

lol @ the sponge, yeah ive been there, my friend uses a Henry hoover, one that sucks up water to empty his trays with. does a good job but noisy as hell.

Edited by NemesisOne, 08 October 2020 - 06:03 PM.

• duke, Forest, Horse Badorties and 1 other like this

#8 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,819 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 06:42 PM

I 2nd the hoover! :lol:

I don't know if you can get these @ Forest ?

I can sit it on a 6 gallon sheetrock type bucket and it will suck up at least 3 gallons before it needs emptying.

Little flat nozzle fits in tight spots, and yeah, it's noisy.

I put a muffler on mine, but it still let's everyone know when it's on!

This is what I used to use. Quiet, but sort of a pain to move around, and the impeller wore out. A pos that wasn't cheap! :angry: Maybe there's better ones?

• duke, Forest, Spaceman and 1 other like this

#9 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,972 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 07:17 PM

yep, totally understand, ive just tested one on a big flat 1m tray... nope it didnt suck it all up, I use Airpot RTA Trays and they are deep enough plus you can add a pipe to it for draining to a external pump and to connect other trays too.

so apologies my friend, your right, those little pumps are toosh for big flat shallow trays.

lol @ the sponge, yeah ive been there, my friend uses a Henry hoover, one that sucks up water to empty his trays with. does a good job but noisy as hell.

ive a shop vac but that means keeping it upstairs  our little cottage is to small for that  

I 2nd the hoover! :lol:

I don't know if you can get these @ Forest ?

I can sit it on a 6 gallon sheetrock type bucket and it will suck up at least 3 gallons before it needs emptying.

Little flat nozzle fits in tight spots, and yeah, it's noisy.

I put a muffler on mine, but it still let's everyone know when it's on!

This is what I used to use. Quiet, but sort of a pain to move around, and the impeller wore out. A pos that wasn't cheap! :angry: Maybe there's better ones?

thats clever , not seen them here ,  to big  sadly   the sponge is looking like  its going to be the tool or a baster ,

what about little air moving  fans?  any one got a 6inch fan that lasts ? all the ones ive tried dont last long 

#10 symbol 22

symbol 22

Sir ledalot

• Respected User
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 07:32 PM

Couldn't you set it like this below?? Under the table the plug fits to drip main line into a container??
Attached File  IMG_20201008_202531.jpg   163.82KB   0 downloads

Or add these for your pits these are quite deep lift your pot pour it out voilĂ 
Attached File  IMG_20201008_202531.jpg   163.82KB   0 downloads
Attached File  IMG_20201008_202515.jpg   180.88KB   0 downloads

Attached Files

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.