20 replies to this topic

#11 WanderinBloke

WanderinBloke

They see me wibblin'

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:20 PM

I nearly added "or is it cus you just lazy and no particular reason" on the end, cheers anhyhow nice one. But u just thought it maybe another new fandango type trick for getting best of your mux/oil or whatever else.

Well, last time I made oil I didnt freeze the bits and got the usual green coloured solution. But then I left it out on the side for weeks before I got round to sorting it and it went from green to a reddy/brown. It wasnt sat i any direct sunlight ever. Couldnt tell you if the oil was any better mind. I'm always stoned so it's hard to tell ;)

• 2scoops and duke like this

#12 Woodfire

Woodfire

Old thctalk member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:21 PM

How do you lot store you Oil normally when I make it I let the ISO evaporate naturally but this time I used heat to evaporate the ISO and its left me with some really sticky stuff normally I have to heat it in the oven quickly then scrap it up but this time even at room temp its sticky? There's a picture in my pics can't copy the link code on iPad for some reason if somebody can help me do that aswell thanks

#13 mellowed

mellowed

The Untroubled One

• Sleeping Mods
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:45 PM

Put vessel into some hot water so it melts the oil an then suck it up into a syringe mate.

You do purge the oil??
Heating it to get any trace of iso out of the oil.
  • WanderinBloke and Dutchy like this

#14 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:18 PM

Right, I want to make some oil so I can put it in a vape pen.

I have some fresh frozen bud that hasn't been trimmed properly. All frozen so I need to thaw/dry before I decarb.

What's the best way to handle this. Get them hung up and dry at what temps and humidity when it has been frozen?

Thanks

it is best straight into an oven at 100 deg c for 2-3 hours depending how much and how dense the starting material after oven drying and at the same time decarbing you could use the method fsi in the link on my sig this is the way i make all our oil and find it works very well esp if using high grade bud.i only ever use isopropyl so unsure on other methods but will say i think iso far safer than butane if done following the method in my link,i hope this helps,peace
  • WanderinBloke and Dutchy like this

#15 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:23 AM

yes straight in the oven for 3 hours at 100-110c should dry and decarb at the same time,so far my f.s.i method link in sig seems the best way to make oil,good luck peace
  • Lab Rat, LegalizeMe and WanderinBloke like this

#16 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:13 AM

Nice one
No link in your sig,

Is it this one..
http://www.t-g-c.nl/...iso/#entry84406

sig only show on the first post on each page but yes thats the method i now prefer,good luck
  • LegalizeMe, WanderinBloke and Dutchy like this

#17 Lab Rat

Lab Rat

Silent runningz

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 12:18 PM

@duke whats the best course of action for frozen moldy bud, I got a shit load in my freezer I been meaning to oil for a while lol any advice?

Edited by Lab Rat, 28 April 2016 - 12:18 PM.

• duke likes this

#18 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:22 PM

@duke whats the best course of action for frozen moldy bud, I got a shit load in my freezer I been meaning to oil for a while lol any advice?

hi lab read this thread and it should be clear if not just pm me,peace http://www.t-g-c.nl/...alvaging mouldy

• Lab Rat and MrGreenP like this

#19 MrGreenP

MrGreenP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:34 AM

Loving all the information here guys, i have never really found a method for doing iso from anybody I'd try but this sounds like a good start.
  • duke and Highasyalike like this

#20 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:44 AM

Loving all the information here guys, i have never really found a method for doing iso from anybody I'd try but this sounds like a good start.

hi mrgreenp and welcome to the circle,i currently use the fsi method for our oil it takes a little longer but is the best cleanest method for medicinal cannabis oil i have tried so far link in my sig if you havent found the thread allready if you need any help just shout,peace

• MrGreenP likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.