379 replies to this topic

#1 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,610 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:34 PM

Right peeps iv`e been given the opportunity of testing out some LED lights which i`m very excited about doing :) It`s a new company just setting out and this is first of the line type thing, the guy in charge has plenty of experience with LED and knows his stuff from what iv`e seen up to now and it`s all been well researched by everyone involved in setting this up on both sides . The company and these guys are gonna be involved with the forum, you could say in a sorta site sponsor type way and all that type of stuff and this is part of that deal building a relationship longer term and also helping them build the best LED they possibly can, which is what they are looking for and us as well. Theirs probably gonna be a few more peeps growing with these at some stage in the future and one of the guys who grows here with LED already who helped quite alot in setting this deal up from the start is up for it and another guy as well if all goes well, so their is possibly 3 of us as is but just me atmo till we see how things pan out, if you get all that mumbo jumbo lol. Their maybe and quite possibly will be more opportunities in the future for other forum members, which seems pretty cool too :) , but it`s a watch this space type of thing and their will be some sort of announcement coming in the not too distant future about these lights and the company making them. I`m not sure on pricing of this product just yet as i`m not dealing with that side of things, we`ll leave that to admin lol, but i know the guy in charge of the company is pretty busy getting things sorted out and set up and also waiting on a bit of feedback from me too, so best thing is to keep an eye on the open forum for an announcement by admin and also maybe follow this grow to see how it goes would be my advice. The LED i`ll be using is called a Ra 8 (Horus4) and its 752 led lighting with a 550watt power draw, also with a added cfl uvb bulb in the middle for extra trich production during flower. I`ll be growing 2 clones of my current critical cutts i got under a 600 watt HID so i`ll be able to look back through that diary and compare buddage at different stages in the plants life to that grow, which i think is pretty cool, ok nothing scientific here and a 752watt LED i don`t is gonna out perform a 600 watt HID, but i`m not sure tbh and i hope it does come close, so fingers crossed here :), but yes it`ll be good for me to look back and reference it to that grow at similar stages during flower. That said it`s not always about yield is it and i don`t mind loosing a bit of bud for buds that shinning like stars in the night sky full of resin fuelled trichomes. Sounds good to me  :)

Here`s a few pictures of the LED unit i`ll be using, you can see in the centre theirs a black plastic plug which will be removed and the uvb bulb goes in their, it looks the dogs danglers to me so let`s it performs as well as it looks.

uvb for centre or the unit

Here`s a graph of the LED light spec which tbh i`m not clued up on too much, but iv`e been told from a good source that theirs plenty of red with 660nm and this means bigger buds so that all sounds good to me :)

Here`s the cutts i`ll be growing, iv`e had them under the cfl for quite a few weeks and they`ve been topped numerous times to keep them down low as the veg cab in`t that high, i`ll be letting them grow another week or two in their vegging away as i can`t add them to my grow room till current grow is finnished and LED light is set up which will be in 3 or 4 weeks, so depending how much more they grow i may sling them in the fridge for a week or so to slow them down and stop them growing. So this diary although i`m not really starting out with the LED just yet, i will probably updats it with a few pictures of the plants vegging under the cfl once a week and more frequently when i put them in the bigger room to veg under the LED for a few weeks to fill them out more before flipping to 12/12. Here`s the plants as is atmo.

That`s about it for now guys, cheers.

• Mrs Willy, Budgie, Dekay and 33 others like this

#2 stephen07

stephen07

Content

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:38 PM

Best of luck Jimmi , a bit modern for us dinosaurs hey [emoji106]
I follow your progress pal [emoji3]
  • Dekay, 2scoops, duke and 3 others like this

#3 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:08 PM

Subbed up for the ride.

This should be exciting, especially as you can compare to the last grow to some extent.

Best of luck geez, make way for the dankness :)

• Dekay, 2scoops, fairy and 1 other like this

#4 denots

denots

oil me up before you go go

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:35 PM

Good luck with the new project Jimmi, I bet you smash it mate. The LED looks the nuts mate, If it performs as good as it looks It should be plain sailing.

Mon the Jimbo LED grow.

Subbed up, Atb, D.

• Dekay, 2scoops, duke and 2 others like this

#5 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,610 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:57 PM

Best of luck Jimmi , a bit modern for us dinosaurs hey [emoji106]
I follow your progress pal [emoji3]

Lol yes your not wrong on the dinosaurs, cheers mukka. :)

Subbed up for the ride.

This should be exciting, especially as you can compare to the last grow to some extent.

Best of luck geez, make way for the dankness :)

Yes exciting times i`m buzzing and looking forward to switching over to LED for good, save on the leccy a wee bit as well, cheers Sprink :)

best of luck with it Jimmy, and if this company would like to try and convert a cynical dinosaur with this modern fangled LED technology, then feel free to give them my details .

Seriously i hope this works out, and the LED  panel with extra uvb sounds the bollox mate.

Cant wait to see the results.

We shall see how it all goes to start out with BBB, but you never know whats around the corner, cheers m8. :)

Good luck with the new project Jimmi, I bet you smash it mate. The LED looks the nuts mate, If it performs as good as it looks It should be plain sailing.

Mon the Jimbo LED grow.

Subbed up, Atb, D.

Lets hope so, mon the pink disco LED posse indeedy m8, cheers. :)

• Dekay, hazed bunny, duke and 6 others like this

#6 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:09 PM

Awesome stuff m8 can't think of a better person to run some test
  • Dekay, 2scoops, revert and 3 others like this

#7 BudMan

BudMan

Old School

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:23 PM

Yes mate, just yes. 

Been considering it myself lately as thinking of going into the loft next.

I popped into my mates the other day and hes just switched over to LED's and is loving them.

Was only half way through flower but plants were pretty small so hard to gauge how they were performing. 

Will be following very eagerly to see what you think of them. I like the idea of having next to no heat to displace.

Means you could get away with a much smaller fan and be a lot more stealthy.

• Dekay, 2scoops, revert and 5 others like this

#8 Red eye knight

Red eye knight

Herbalist

• Respected User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:40 PM

Looking forward to this jimmi.
Hope all goes well!!
;)

Edited by Red eyed knight, 19 October 2015 - 04:40 PM.

• Dekay, 2scoops and Paulie like this

#9 Joe

Joe

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:58 PM

I'll follow this as well Jimmi, best of luck man tho I'm sure you don't need it
  • Dekay, 2scoops and Paulie like this

#10 hazed bunny

hazed bunny

doing bunny stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 15,201 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:06 PM

Disco at jimmi's 😄😄 good luck hun
  • Dekay, 2scoops, mrsDeeks and 1 other like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sunplus LED, coco, critical, daft fuckers growing weed

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.