60 replies to this topic

#11 Ken Erbis

Ken Erbis

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:42 PM

Sorry duke didnt realise you were in coco, should have realised when you mentioned ec. I didnt think organic nutes were measurable on ec meter. I purely a soil grower and only dabbled with coco. I used to run rockwool nft tables but all chemical nutes. Really not sure how to raise brix in coco but possibly foliar spraying with a kelp based feed. Wishing you luck .

• duke and Paulie like this

#12 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:44 PM

thanks missy but i would not trust what other ingredients are added to ecig and as its going to be for oil i used organic whole leaf tobacco and done it myself so i am as certain as i can be it will be safe as i would hate to hurt someone with an unknown,peace

The eCig concentrates are typically 72% nicotine dissolved in either Propylene Glycol or Aqueous Vegetable Glycerin, all at BP/USP grade — I would have no reservations at all about using them :)
  • Dekay, 2scoops, duke and 4 others like this

#13 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:38 PM

hi all well i sprayed every leaf and soaked every bud it felt so wrong!but after looking at a few leaves through the usb scope i had to do something i will check tommorow and see if we had any affect at all if not i have a couple more ideas in the pipeline i hate bugs in my drobes and worse thing being in a round about way i brought them in myself by vegging outdoors and even though i used a supposed good systemic it obviously one of the ones the borg have adapted to and can bath in quite happily!on the bright side the buds are still growing remarkably fast for a plant under attack!i can only keep my fingers crossed and hope this works and doesnt start any rot problems but i did the spraying 1 hour before lights on and turned of the big fans waited till a few minutes before lights on to turn them all back on so should dry quick and hopefully we be good,we shall see thanks for all the advice and posts,got some reading to do now,peace

• Dekay, Paulie, Joe and 1 other like this

#14 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:35 PM

hi all well the nicotine spray works well on the adults of the spidermite borg invaders!but does fuck all to the eggs which still hatch en masse so giving up on the chemical free idea and in the name of ganja science im going to spray the nearly cooked but infested scrog pakistan kush using 10% isopropyl alcohol and water i hope to establish how much damage it does to the borg and see if its a viable solution without killing the plant as well,results will be posted good or bad,wish me luck lads im going in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dekay, Paulie and Joe like this

#15 Joe

Joe

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:55 PM

Hope you sort the little feckers out man, best of luck!

#16 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:45 PM

Fingers crossed fella

#17 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:52 PM

10% isopropyl alcohol and water

Interesting... I wonder whether it will dissolve the trichomes?

I'd probably try just a small part first and have a look under a magnifier before misting the whole thing :)
  • Budgie, Dekay, duke and 2 others like this

#18 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:04 PM

Interesting... I wonder whether it will dissolve the trichomes?

I'd probably try just a small part first and have a look under a magnifier before misting the whole thing :)

great minds missy i have chopped a branch of and put it in a glass of water for now and will spray and examine it in a couple of days time my main concern is not melting the odd trichs but i want to find something that also kills the eggs not just the adult and larvae,this poor plant has been through the wringer and still growing,good landrace genetics,peace

• Budgie, Dekay, olmec and 1 other like this

#19 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:17 PM

i want to find something that also kills the eggs not just the adult and larvae

Nice idea :)

But I think you may have to be more pragmatic and accept that multiple treatments will be necessary, with applications based on the life cycles of the pests — Kill the adults and larvae, and then kill new larvae as they hatch, before they mature and lay eggs.

That approach is used successfully for many things :)

And I still think that commercially-produced nicotine solutions might be more effective than random tobacco extractions of unknown potency (mg of Nicotine per ml).
  • Budgie, Dekay, duke and 2 others like this

#20 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:20 PM

The eCig concentrates are typically 72% nicotine dissolved in either Propylene Glycol or Aqueous Vegetable Glycerin, all at BP/USP grade — I would have no reservations at all about using them :)

I think the VG has a few medicinal properties as well they sell it in the farm shop's for all sorts of things around the farm

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spidermite, eradication, natueal, chemical free, organic, nicotine, pepper spray, borg

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.