186 replies to this topic

#1 Hot Sausage

Hot Sausage

Totally Batterd

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:03 PM

So I was on another Diary and decided to ask what all this talk was of mainlining.
Scooby pointed me in this direction http://www.growweede...ning-nugbuckets

Given the amount of head space I have in my tent, this seems an ideal method to have a go at. Time will tell.
Less than ideal is having to use cuttings as the nodes tend to start alternating and the whole thing is just a bit less symmetrical. But according to Nugs article it can be done, so I'm gonna give it a crack.

So I got on the case
Attached File  image.jpg   83.91KB   14 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   166.51KB   13 downloads
As you can see, one is a bit further along than the other.

I will just pop a pic up of how they look at the mo
Attached File  image.jpg   54.82KB   12 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   102.13KB   14 downloads

Fingers crossed it all goes according to plan and I end up with a half decent yield
  • Dekay, hazed bunny, 2scoops and 11 others like this

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,009 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:07 PM

hi sausage i have seen this done over at the old place its an interesting variation and i will sub up and follow along,good luck

• Hot Sausage, usibl, scooby and 1 other like this

#3 Hot Sausage

Hot Sausage

Totally Batterd

• Respected User
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:10 PM

Cheers man, I can do with all the luck I get.
Cheers for subbin up, nice to know I have people like you looking over me :)
  • duke, usibl and Joe like this

#4 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,610 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:08 PM

It sounds like a good plan sausage. Get on it m8. :),

• duke, Hot Sausage and usibl like this

#5 DavieDope

DavieDope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:20 PM

First I heard of this mate was a good read. Makes sense. I'll follow on and see how u get on..... Who knows I may give it a punt 😃 best of luck man

#6 revert

revert

wut? where? when?

• Respected User
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:37 PM

Mainlining is good mate, but it adds time to the veg period. Going to sub for this as well.

Good luck

#7 Hot Sausage

Hot Sausage

Totally Batterd

• Respected User
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:28 PM

Cheers peeps
It does add time to the veg time but I have plants in the flowering tent that don't finish till Christmas or a bit later on.
I'm gonna struggle to keep the height down in my little veg chamber till then so kind of hope this method will help me achieve this also.

Nice to have y'all aboard, cheers
  • duke, denots, dal and 1 other like this

#8 Hot Sausage

Hot Sausage

Totally Batterd

• Respected User
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:32 AM

A quick pic of them this morning
Attached File  image.jpg   95.69KB   11 downloads
The cheese is ready for its final topping out on all grow tips
Attached File  image.jpg   91.68KB   11 downloads job done Attached File  image.jpg   67.12KB   11 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   155.7KB   11 downloads

The Iced Grapefruit still needs to grow a bit more before I can do anything yet. I'm gonna let both her shoots grow a node more in length and then I'm gonna take it back a node. Will give me more to cut at as it's all a bit fidderly at the mo. I want to make sure I get the cut right and it will give the the older parts of the plant time to get fatter.
Attached File  image.jpg   136.33KB   11 downloads

Fingers crossed folks, should work out :)
  • Dekay, hazed bunny, 2scoops and 9 others like this

#9 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,610 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:11 PM

A nice bit of training going down here Sausage. Good stuff. :)

#10 Hot Sausage

Hot Sausage

Totally Batterd

• Respected User
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 05:48 PM

Hi ya
So there was a bit of growth on the pair of them so I was able to tie down more bits.

Tied down 4 grow tips on the Cheese. Them nodes were pinched out the other day so they should produce 8 grow tips :)
Attached File  image.jpg   90.72KB   12 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   108.76KB   11 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   132.87KB   13 downloads

Chopped off the two big fan leafs and tied down the two shoots on the Iced Grapefruit. Also pinched out the grow tips. She should pop out 4 shoots that I will top again bringing it to the magic 8 that I'm after.
Attached File  image.jpg   103.51KB   12 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   95.84KB   11 downloads
She's a bit more lanky so will need to keep me eye on her.

Gave them a bit of a top dressing of the potting on compost and gave them some water with a bit of added super vit.

Cheers for looking in

Edited by Hot sausage, 22 November 2015 - 05:49 PM.

• Dekay, hazed bunny, 2scoops and 10 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cheese, Iced Grapefruit, Mainlining

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.