• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#11 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 09:18 PM

Do you just dilute it with distilled water or do I need something else to mix it through? Will pick up a bottle of ph down next time I'm by the grow shop - Amazon won't deliver over here :(

i try to dilute it with tapwater so 1ml reduces ph by 0.1 it just makes it easier like whatshisname said trying to use it neat is to hard and you end up getting in a right old pickle! you will find it all gets easier as you go along,i saw the first crack at coco as a lesson and tried not to be to expectant and like you i had a few issues for the first few weeks but you soon iron them out with photoperiod plants,good luck

• Dekay, KiefKat, Zephyr and 1 other like this

#12 KiefKat

KiefKat

TGC DJ

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 09:27 PM

I just added water to my PH down about half and half and it made life so much easier than only being able to add a tiny drop and it gone too far the other way ;)

And welcome to the club buddy looking forward to your first results with this stuff :)

tap water is fine for the ph down,  mix it  in a ratio to what you find easier to work with 

i try to dilute it with tapwater so 1ml reduces ph by 0.1 it just makes it easier like whatshisname said trying to use it neat is to hard and you end up getting in a right old pickle! you will find it all gets easier as you go along,i saw the first crack at coco as a lesson and tried not to be to expectant and like you i had a few issues for the first few weeks but you soon iron them out with photoperiod plants,good luck

Cheers guys, I have most of a gallon of distilled water left lying around after calibrating the meters so will use some of that to dilute the ph down - no telling what kind of crap is in the tap water here :sick:

One should always add an acid to water, and never add water to a concentrated acid ;)

Good luck with the grow, Kat :)

Thanks Missy, I can picture myself splashing the acid onto my skin all too easily if I was adding water from the gallon container :cry:

• Dekay, duke, Roy Cropper and 2 others like this

#13 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 09:37 PM

@Mauricey - you're profile pics are getting more disturbing as time goes on - put a shirt on man! :haha:

It nowt to do with me mate :)

• duke, KiefKat, Roy Cropper and 2 others like this

#14 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 12:54 AM

@KiefKat have a look in your local grow shop for 'sugar peak catalyst'

It's what I use now instead of ph down, can be used throughout grow, max dose 1.5mil per litre, but you will neve use that much

Take a litre jug, scoop half a litre from your rez after feed has gone in, add say 5ml of sugar peak to the half litre, then add to rez until ph has dropped to where you want it, you might have to do this a few times, so remember how much sugar peak you put in for next time, then you can add it in one hit ! Tis the way I do it,

Same process with ph down, just use way less !

Same theory and method with silicon, instead of ph up ! Haven't had to use it for a while tho as its only really needed when hammering high ec feeds, and I havent gone over 1.0 ec for the last couple of grows

Mon ze coco
  • duke, KiefKat, Forest and 2 others like this

#15 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 10:05 AM

talking of silicon as ph up , ive used it to do that for years , so amth ago i  bought a l of growth tech silicon cos it was the cheapest one at 8 quid a bottle  , the damn stuff lowers the ph  ! never had one that does that before !

@Roy Cropper  whats the sugar peek  stuff do m8?  

• duke, KiefKat, Roy Cropper and 2 others like this

#16 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 10:06 AM

One should always add an acid to water, and never add water to a concentrated acid ;)

Good luck with the grow, Kat :)

missy why is that ?  

• duke, Zephyr and Dex like this

#17 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 10:17 AM

@Forest its the growtech one i used to use, id be sending that back m8 for sure if its lowering ph ? and i would try to knock it on the head after week 5 on a 9 week cycle, same with super thrive to, contains heavy metals that can't be flushed apparently ! 

Fusing together the premium quality of organics with the exceptional performance of a mineral feed, Sugar Peak Catalyst has been designed to significantly enhance overall flavours, textures and yields of your favourite fruits. In order to achieve these highly desirable results, it will work hard to encourage compact branching, stimulate opulent fruiting sites, trigger early yields, introduce natural sugars and condition soils and hydroponic solutions for superior nutrient assimilation. A very good product indeed! Use throughout all stages of plant growth.

looks the same as overdrive, gpm, you know brown and got that funky smell to it, it is however ph 2.7 so perfect for ph down ! 

way i look at it is I'm putting nuff chemical ferts thru the plants so if i can hold back a little then good ! 

they tell me in the shop that they gonna stop making it soon as its not cost efficient, might go clear the shelf ! 

• duke, KiefKat, Zephyr and 1 other like this

#18 DreDdYBoY

DreDdYBoY

Sir smoke alot

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 10:22 AM

Im up for some a dis Kk action in coco
  • duke, KiefKat, Zephyr and 1 other like this

#19 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 12:49 PM

Plant looks grand KK your on it mate nah problemo, those ec instruments do your head in mate i telling you. Best of luck anyhow mukka. :)

• KiefKat, Zephyr and Dex like this

#20 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 01:15 PM

missy why is that ?

Because concentrated acids can react with water, which creates heat.

Adding a little water to a lot of acid can cause all the water to react, which creates a lot of heat in a small volume, potentially making it boil and splash out of the container (possibly explosively — a bit like dropping water into hot oil).

Adding a little acid to a lot of water, on the other hand, dilutes and exhausts the acid safely before too much heat can be created.
  • Dekay, duke, KiefKat and 3 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: with farty bits, Dutch Passion, Outlaw

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.