#1 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:55 PM

oi oi :vape:

We have got lots of things in the pipeline for the year ahead, including a number of growouts/test runs (indoors & outdoors :ninja:)

One thing that was mentioned a few times when negotiating these things is having proper grow/strain summary reports when the grows are done and dusted. It has benefits for the forum, our forum friends and is a good source of real-world info for circler's and visitors.

So, with this in mind, we're asking if anyone fancies putting together a couple of 'Templates' which we can then setup for members to complete if they like. We are looking for Strain Grow and Smoke templates to start with. Nothing over-complicated though, we are mostly stoned a lot of the time after all!  :joint: 

If anyone fancies having a root around for good examples we can crib from then please post them up here and we can collaborate on getting the best we can. No promises, but if anyone comes up with something really good there will be rewards to come :)

Anyone fancy a go ?

• Mrs Willy, 2scoops, smokin soul and 6 others like this

#2 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:11 PM

Something like this?.(shamelessly copied and pasted)
INFO
Tester Name :
Strain :
Method Smoked :

APPEARANCE

(insert photo here where possible)

SMELL

Dominant smell of bud :
Associated smells of bud :

TASTE

Dominant flavour :
Associated flavours :

Harsh/smoothness : (1-10, 1 being extremely harsh and 10 being extremely smooth)
- cough factor? : yes/no

BUZZ

Profile : Percentage of head to body (e.g. 80% head 20% body)
Potency : (1-10, 1 being extremely weak and 10 being extremely potent)
Duration : (approx length of buzz, from first hit)
Use : Daytime/Bedtime
Munchies? : yes/no
---------------------------------------
  • Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 6 others like this

#3 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:43 PM

could maybe add length of veg, and length of flower (true flower that is)

and yeild

fkin double post sorry

Edited by bigwilliebobby, 22 February 2017 - 09:46 PM.

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 3 others like this

#4 Ken Erbis

Ken Erbis

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:02 PM

also how was it taken, vape, oil , doobie. If vaped what temp

• Budgie, 2scoops, Dex and 2 others like this

#5 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:03 PM

Stolen from Maine care givers

SMOKE REPORT—
Lemon Pie Thai

Final Weight---

Plant 1 - 4.55
Plant 2 - 4.56
Plant 3 - 5.52

INFO-
Tester Name:
Dr Gruber and patients.

Strain:
Lemon Pie Thai

Breeder:
Dr Greenthumb

Grower:
Dr Gruber

Method Smoked:
Joints-Glass Pipes.
(Dr Gruber’s Personal Favorite-Joints)

Soil/Hydro:
Promix Potting Soil-(Drain to Waste)

Flower Time: 60 -70 days

Dr Gruber's personal preference- 65 days

Grow Comments-
Another easy grow.
Although it seemed I had a nutrient imbalance at the end of the vegetative period going into flower, the problem was fixed with minimal fuss. After a quick flush and an increase in the frequency of feeding, all was well.
It's a Sativa with the growth characteristics of an Indica, which is to say; a short stocky plant that has a good yield and is easy to manage. For an 85% Sativa dominant plant , the buds are much more dense then expected when compared to other plants with that much sativa influence. To my eye, the colas looked similar to Trainwreck colas, and I would guess that is the Thai influence showing up in both of them.

Smell-

During Flower- I could smell hints of lemon and caramel just as listed in the description.

During Harvest- The fresh buds left a unexpected odor on my hands that was different then other plants. I had a hard time nailing it down but I did eventually figure it out. Dough. Yes, dough, like for a pie crust, or cookies. I'm guessing (again) that is one of the reasons Doc named it as he did. Or, i was just too high while harvesting and imagined the whole thing.

After Harvest- The lemon is gone but is replaced by a sweet tropical fruit smell and the caramel is replaced with a spicy hash undertone.

Associated smells of bud:
N/A

TASTE-
Subtle tropical fruit flavor with notes of spicy hash.

Associated flavors:
Pie dough

Flavor Intensity-(Sour Diesel or Bubba Kush would be a 9 or 10.)

Harsh/smoothness: (1-10, 1 being extremely harsh and 10 being extremely smooth) --

Cough factor? : Yes/no
No-very smooth

Flavor Comments-
This isn't a flavor powerhouse like bubba or sour diesel but it does have a distinct taste that carries through a joint or bowl. Neither of it's flavor components (fruit or hash) are powerful on their own but together they are strong without being overpowering. A very clear, clean, and pleasant flavor.

BUZZ Profile—
Positive vibrations.
Euphoric and social without any noticeable paranoia or anxiousness. Most of the positive qualities associated with Sativa's but socially relaxing. Good for conversation and laughs.
Clears stress and depression.
Motivating but does not inspire creativity in and of itself, however, it does bring energy to creative projects.

Potency: (1-10, 1 being extremely weak and 10 being extremely potent)
9.3+

Duration: (length of buzz, from first hit)
2-3 hours

Overall Plant Rating- "YTP" (yield+taste+potency)

YTP Rating = 8.23

Personal/Patient Rating = 9 (extra points for buzz preference)

Munchies: Yes/no----
Slight but noticeable increase in appetite.

-----------------------------------------------------

FLAVOR-

CHEMICAL ASTRINGENT-

Turpentine ()
Metallic ()
Ammonia ( ) - urine () - vinegar ( )
Bleach ()
Lotions () -
Plastics ( )
Glues ( )
Fuel ()
Rubber ()
Eucalyptus ()
Menthol ()

SWEET-

Fruity (x )
Berry ( ) -
Black/Blue/Raspberry ( )
Citrus ( ) -
Orange () -
Lemon ( ) -
Lime () -
Apple () -
Mango () -
Grape () -
Cherry () -
Tutti Fruity ()
Floral ( ) -
Perfume () -
Blossom ()
Tangerine()
Spearmint ()
Peppermint ( )
Caramel ()
Pineapple ()
Sugar ()

Bitter-
Grapefruit-()

Sour-

Lemon -()
Lime-( )
Vinegar ( )

SPICY-

Woody ( )
Incense ()
Hardwood ( )
Sage ( )
Juniper ( )
Cedar ()
Pine ()
Basil ( )
Garlic ( )
Dill ( )
Clove ()
Parsley ()
Pepper ()
Hash (x)
Tobacco ()
Chocolate ()
Coffee()
Lavender Spice ()
Toasted Almond ()

MUSKY-

Earthy ()
Loam ()
Dirt ()
Musty ()
Dusty ()
Alberta spruce ()
Gamey ()
Sweet skunk ()
Skunk ( )
Botanical ()
Hay ()
Autumn leaves ( )
Trees ()
Tangy ()
Manure ()
Moldy ()

Final Comment-
Smoking this strain brings positive thoughts and feelings at a time when they are sorely needed.
2016 has been one of my worst years but on a larger level, the whole planet has had a rough time of it. Political upheaval, economic troubles, environmental disaster, multiple deaths of iconic figu res on a list that grows longer every day. With all that has been going on , Dr Gruber prescribes a healthy dose of Lemon Pie Thai for the entire world. I know I will be returning to this when the chips are down and I need a boost. Because this strain just makes me feel good.
And now, to concluded my final journal for this worst of years, I would like to borrow the jingle DanDanger at Skunk Magazine wrote for me…..

"Well if you like to smoke weed
and you want to get high
Just take yourself a puff
of some Lemon Pie Thai"

Medical qualities:

1)Stress
2)Depression
3)Appetite
4)Pain
  • Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 6 others like this

#6 Dutchy

Dutchy

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:04 PM

Great idea, as a comparative new come I think it should include the relevant variables that have led to the end result, including grower experience. yet a simple template to follow which isnt onerous and is informative. I will have a surf round over the next few days and see whats out there in other fields, no pun intended  :) I'll throw what I find into the mix :)

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 3 others like this

#7 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:02 AM

Always mean to write something up meself but dont think I have done any oops , we should all write up 'the good ones' for sure :)

• Budgie, 2scoops, Dex and 1 other like this

#8 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:05 AM

Should we be wary of using numbers to rate things? [e.g. 'Strength (1 to 10)']

Without a baseline of some sort it's likely that everyone will have a different take on what they mean, with one person's '9' being another's '6', and someone's '10' today might become their '8' tomorrow when they come across stronger varieties.
  • Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 2 others like this

#9 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:49 AM

Should we be wary of using numbers to rate things? [e.g. 'Strength (1 to 10)']

Without a baseline of some sort it's likely that everyone will have a different take on what they mean, with one person's '9' being another's '6', and someone's '10' today might become their '8' tomorrow when they come across stronger varieties.

That's 100% true for me an missis O both our tolerance is very high but out 1's an 10's for the same strain would not be the same
  • Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 1 other like this

#10 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:13 PM

I like this idea lots @Budgie of doing a smoke report type template thing for grow outs. What your on about doing summink like a thread pinned at top of freinds of circle bit so we just add the repots to that sorta thing or just a template to use in general to add to your grow thread once it`s done ? cus both seem ok to me, good stuff as usual GB your the man. :)

• Budgie, Dex and Bubonik Chronic like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.