12 replies to this topic

#1 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:06 PM

the importance of not listening to the man in the hydro shop
hi all just my thoughts on the subject of taking advice from the nice friendly man in the hydro store,he might be nice,but he at the end of the day is a salesman,if you let them tell you what you need to grow,you will end up being sold loads of pretty bottles,tubes,potions and be told that they are all essential,
well i would suggest that anyone embarking on there first grow,the last person to listen to is the hydro shop,do your research here on the forum you will then have a better idea of what you really need to grow the way you choose,i have seen so many threads on here that are problems caused by these sales oriented stores that sell unnecesary and often expensive feeds and additives,most do not give clear instructions antway,and in the hands of a begginer a lot of these additives cause many problems that would not have happened without them.
a little work in the way of reading and scanning the diarys that are here you can see basically what you need,and get great advice as well,i am gratefull to all who have helped me with my grow since i joined this forum,i wouldnt claim to be a guru or oracle but my little finger probably has more knowledge of growing than the average salesman in a hydro store.good luck to all and take care.

• Dekay, Up2nogood, The Dude Abides and 9 others like this

#2 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:09 PM

Good advice, everyone should do their own research the industry is a bugger for trying to make us part with money just to add a bit of sugar to the plants that makes little difference overall, forums are a massive help as there is every side of the argument if there is any.:)

• Up2nogood, The Dude Abides, hazed bunny and 6 others like this

#3 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:15 PM

Yeah very true,you're right,end of the day they just want to make as much money as possible,plus I have never

been to any hydro shop ever,I do my research and buy from ebay.. much better as you know you won't get the feeling

that you need to buy this and that,stuff you never need,and as Dekay says,sugar or treacle is all you need for a boost

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, duke and 4 others like this

#4 The Clone Ranger

The Clone Ranger

THE YORKSHIRE PUDDING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:56 PM

lol walked into hydro shop about a week before xmas this year and asked out of curiosity how much was the 3m x 3m x 2m set up he reply's £6000, i laughed and walked out wtf £6000 for a tent lights filters and a few dwc buckets pumps and a few other things, and that was with no nutes... never step foot into one again...

mom the ebay!!

• Dekay, Up2nogood, The Dude Abides and 4 others like this

#5 wonkeydonkeymonster

wonkeydonkeymonster

BAKED NOT FRIED

• Respected User
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:17 PM

lol walked into hydro shop about a week before xmas this year and asked out of curiosity how much was the 3m x 3m x 2m set up he reply's £6000, i laughed and walked out wtf £6000 for a tent lights filters and a few dwc buckets pumps and a few other things, and that was with no nutes... never step foot into one again...

mom the ebay!!

same size tent I'm using ( I'm only using half the tent atm fucking thing won't fit in my spare room) paid $1200 AUD for the tent, lights and big ass filter from the hydro shop in Canberra (but I did get a mates rates discount of $200 ) however there prices on notes were fucking stupid. Plane insulting really $84 for a 1ltr bottle of biocanna and $110 for bioboost. Greedy fuckers
  • Dekay, Up2nogood, duke and 4 others like this

#6 KrazyDave

KrazyDave

Organic Grower

• Respected User
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:29 AM

My local hydro store used to be the nuts. He actually grew himself (because it's decriminalised here and he can!) and he would just recommend whatever he used but since he's expanded he's become a twat. He now stocks cheap pH & EC meters when I know for a fact he uses an ADWA one that is quite good and has detachable probes! He also successfully sold me a load of new soil then told me I needed the nutes by the same brand for it then got shit results so went back to what I know. I don't go there anymore.

I did find another one that had a bloke running it who had a spliff hanging out his mouth when I walked in so I thought he'd be better. He hasn't recommended me anything yet. Probably because of what I've learnt here and the fact that I tell him how it is and what I want lol
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, duke and 5 others like this

#7 Special Branch

Special Branch

head tha ball

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:32 AM

mom the ebay!!

6 grand!!  unbelievable price that..

i'd expect a van throwin in to the mix there to take the stuff home aswell

SB 

• Dekay, duke, Lizardking and 3 others like this

#8 The Clone Ranger

The Clone Ranger

THE YORKSHIRE PUDDING

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:04 AM

think it was some sort of cover to launder money, there is no way anyone would pay that for a 3m tent kit

• Dekay, duke, Special Branch and 1 other like this

#9 hazed bunny

hazed bunny

doing bunny stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 15,201 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:33 AM

think it was some sort of cover to launder money, there is no way anyone would pay that for a 3m tent kit

There us always someone that would lol
  • Dekay, duke, The Clone Ranger and 2 others like this

#10 KrazyDave

KrazyDave

Organic Grower

• Respected User
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:19 PM

There us always someone that would lol

Noobs
  • Dekay, duke, The Clone Ranger and 1 other like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hydro shops, advice, bad

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.