292 replies to this topic

#1 denots

denots

oil me up before you go go

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:29 PM

Hi everyone hope your all well.

First off i would like to thank our new sponsor SunplusLed for the lights. 1 of the LED's is the Horus 4, the other is the Pioneer 4. I'm not sure yet as I have to get some more specs, but depending on the true power of these LED's will determine whether i use 1 of the lights or both of the lights over 1 plant, I would like to put 1 light over each plant (grow an extra plant in coco next to the rdwc system) but if the power isn't sufficient enough I'll put the 2 lights over 1 plant. 

Most of you know my set up which is basically a 2m x 2m x 2.2m high tent with 8" extraction and 6" intake, and I grow in a home made RDWC system. I have a humidifiers for veg, and a dehumidifier for bloom, and I all ways use Bluelad EC wand and PH pen which in my books is a must.

The nutrients i'll be using is Advanced nutrients.........

PH perfect sensi grow A&B

PH perfect sensi bloom A&B

Voodoo juice

Ancient earth

Bigbud

Overdrive

Sensi calmag extra

Hammhead PK 4-10

And a bit of BuddhasTree PK 9-18 if needed.

The Horus 4

Off 

Veg

Bloom

UV

All

Switching

The Pioneer 4

Off

Veg

Bloom

All

Switching.

And the set up as it is at the moment.

Just waiting for the cuts to arrive and we will be off, can't wait. Should be in the post as we speak.

All good or bad comments are welcome, but please be gentle as this will be my first LED grow.

All help will be welcome as well, so if you see something that shouldn't be please give me a shout.

Atb, D.

• Mrs Willy, Budgie, Dekay and 17 others like this

#2 dal

dal

The Novice

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:37 PM

I'm in for this mate the lights looking pretty far out Big D groovy man lol nice one denots can't wait to see you pull this one off best of luck on the new learning of the lights mate will be very interesting. Mind they don't brainwash you lol they look like something out of a 1950's sci-fi film.

All the best dal :joint:

• revert, smokin soul, duke and 1 other like this

#3 denots

denots

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:40 PM

I'm in for this mate the lights looking pretty far out Big D groovy man lol nice one denots can't wait to see you pull this one off best of luck on the new learning of the lights mate will be very interesting. Mind they don't brainwash you lol they look like something out of a 1950's sci-fi film.

All the best dal :joint:

Nice one Dal, always good to have you along mucka, anything you can throw in the mix mate let me know.

Ye It's a bit like close encounters lol.

• revert, duke and dal like this

#4 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:42 PM

Looking forwards to this one @ denots.

It's proven that LED's have come a loooong way baby (spot the disco dancing ref there :whistling:  ) but a proper side by side vs HPS will sort out the men from the boys.

Crack on with it mate and don't put your knee out when you get your jive on :)

• Dekay, 2scoops, revert and 6 others like this

#5 denots

denots

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:57 PM

Looking forwards to this one @ denots.

It's proven that LED's have come a loooong way baby (spot the disco dancing ref there :whistling:  ) but a proper side by side vs HPS will sort out the men from the boys.

Crack on with it mate and don't put your knee out when you get your jive on :)

Bit of the old Travolta foot slide lol.

Side by side is the only way to go to settle this once and for all GB, What I'll do is power the HPS up on the same power as the LED's, for instance if the LED's true power comes to 400w i'll stick the HPS on 400w, just makes it a fair game then.

And I'll try not to put me knee out when I do me Saturday night fever bit in the groom  :dancer:  :wink: .

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 3 others like this

#6 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,610 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:58 PM

Nice m8 i cant wait to see the difference with cutts done at same time, best of luck with it. :)

Both those lights have a combined power draw of 665 watts, the Horus is 250w true power draw and the Pioneer is 415w true power draw if that means owt, so combined & equivelent to a 600hps or their abouts on paper. Theirs alot more specs on their site here > Horus 4  & Pioneer 4

• Budgie, Dekay, revert and 5 others like this

#7 Funky

Funky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:00 PM

I'm subbed to this one. Should be interesting the two lights going head to head.

Is it a 600W hps?

Nice groom btw.
  • Budgie, duke, denots and 1 other like this

#8 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:00 PM

What are you going to measure? Power draw, using one of those watt use devices, or Lumens with a phone's lumen sensor? or both?

• duke and denots like this

#9 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,009 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:18 PM

hi denots i will follow along the disco path with you but and see how you find the comparison they look well made from the pics and i been watching jimmys grow unfold nicely so with 2 to play with i see potential tree growth here,good luck

• Budgie, denots and dal like this

#10 denots

denots

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:52 PM

Nice m8 i cant wait to see the difference with cutts done at same time, best of luck with it. :)

Both those lights have a combined power draw of 665 watts, the Horus is 250w true power draw and the Pioneer is 415w true power draw if that means owt, so combined & equivelent to a 600hps or their abouts on paper. Theirs alot more specs on their site here > Horus 4  & Pioneer 4

Thanks Jimmi, and thanks on the stats as well mate, that gives me a couple of options now.

I'm subbed to this one. Should be interesting the two lights going head to head.

Is it a 600W hps?

Nice groom btw.

Nice one, pull a chair up Funky, there's loads of room mate. 

The digital ballast's I use go from 400w to 600w+boost.

Thanks mate.

What are you going to measure? Power draw, using one of those watt use devices, or Lumens with a phone's lumen sensor? or both?

I'm not GB, Jimmi's done it for me  :bounce: :bleh:  :bounce: . Don't ask me how, I don't understand all that rigmarole mate.

hi denots i will follow along the disco path with you but and see how you find the comparison they look well made from the pics and i been watching jimmys grow unfold nicely so with 2 to play with i see potential tree growth here,good luck

My thoughts exactly Duke, The one jimmi has got has done a good job, so can't see why these 2 shouldn't work as well. Thanks mucka.

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 4 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SunPlus LED, RDWC

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.