• Please log in to reply
445 replies to this topic

#221 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:59 PM

sounds like a plan but i would get some cappilary matting cut a slit in the bottom of each pot and slide in a length of matting then run that into a bowl which fills from the gutter this would be more efficient also slug pellets round nice and thick i love simple wick systems so little to go wrong im glad the mrs dude was understanding about your outdoor girls,good luck dude,peace

• Budgie, The Dude Abides and denots like this

#222 denots

denots

oil me up before you go go

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:21 PM

Can't you fit a temporary canopy over the girls to keep the rain off, could save you from getting the dreaded bud rot mate. You don't want to get the buds wet if possible.

As you know wet bud equals bud rot.

• The Dude Abides, duke and dal like this

#223 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:45 AM

Dude! Sorry I'm late. Good luck with your gutter watering while away. Good thinking. All the best as always :weed:

• The Dude Abides likes this

#224 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:14 AM

sounds like a plan but i would get some cappilary matting cut a slit in the bottom of each pot and slide in a length of matting then run that into a bowl which fills from the gutter this would be more efficient also slug pellets round nice and thick i love simple wick systems so little to go wrong im glad the mrs dude was understanding about your outdoor girls,good luck dude,peace

Thanks for that Duke, I was not sure how well a wick system would with the air pots, I may try to rig a system that uses wicks and water from above.

Can't you fit a temporary canopy over the girls to keep the rain off, could save you from getting the dreaded bud rot mate. You don't want to get the buds wet if possible.

As you know wet bud equals bud rot.

They are protected from the worst of the rain by the overhanging eaves Denots but I take your point, might rig up a little plastic shelter for them.

Dude! Sorry I'm late. Good luck with your gutter watering while away. Good thinking. All the best as always :weed:

Cheers Petal, good to have you on board, just in time for the interesting bits.

Anyone have any more ideas about my watering thingy, I've still got 3 weeks to sort something out.

I love this forum, always knowledgeable folk around with great ideas.

All good things

TDA

• duke, denots, the old lady and 2 others like this

#225 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:14 PM

Bonjour mon petit Engleesh types.

Took a load of pics last night but most were crap.

Here's the least crappy ones.

Buds starting to fatten up a bit, not a lot of smell yet except from the mango.

Humidity still a bit on the high side, 70% max, think this is cos the dehumidifier fills up before the lights come on, I may use my other one which has a greater capacity.

Thanks for looking in.

All good things

TDA

• Budgie, Dekay, hazed bunny and 15 others like this

#226 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:02 PM

looking fine and dandy, in a french fancy sort of a way in l'orgasmatron dude.

not too sure about your plumbing though :P but thats old age for you :) I think youll just drown the buggers first bit of decent rain that rolls in. Couldnt you rig up a tray/pond of sorts that fills with water via the kinky tubing and sit the pots in that to bottom feed them? have the pots raised a bit ti keep the soil out of the water and if it does rain loads the tray/pond will just overflow and not drench the plants?

A couple of rocks and you could put a toad/frog in there to keep his beadies on them too ;)
  • The Dude Abides and dal like this

#227 the old lady

the old lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

All looking good over there Dude - Orgasmatron buds fattening nicely - as are the Frisians in the poly - sorry I can't be any help with leaving them - other than the wick idea - Hope all goes well - Good luck :)

TOL

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, olmec and 1 other like this

#228 WanderinBloke

WanderinBloke

They see me wibblin'

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:27 PM

Your plants are gorgeous, I love your slipper selection (espadrilles and mocs ftw) but your cats freak me out.

I was glad to see some live toads. Will they be joining the cats in flakey scariness once they shuffle off their mortal coil?

• The Dude Abides and dal like this

#229 spoongotlost

spoongotlost

Disco Light Grow Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:28 PM

dripper fed from a water butt got plenty of time to muster up some drippers and a bit of pipe if its only water they need and you could keep the butt filled with waterbutt adapter its all money and effort tho.

Happy growing

ps buds are looking rather schweeeeet :smoked:

Edited by spoongotlost, 30 August 2014 - 06:29 PM.

#230 Lizardking

Lizardking

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:15 PM

Yo Dude,they ticking along nicely eh,what week flower you on now matey? I would love a nice whiff of that mango man...bet it smells lovely?shouldnt be long now till those girls start to pile on the weight.
Those cats man lmao...I laugh out loud everytime I see them...fooking quality matey...happy days eh.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: with farty bits

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.