• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:54 PM

Thing is with fags, and is in alan carrs book and he is spot on.. Whatever your mind tells you...

1) You are only addicted to nicotene. Nothing else...

2) You are not addicted to the taste, putting smoke in your lungs, or tobacco itself. That is impossible. Used to it yes, like it? maybe... addicted? no.

When i went on vape (just a petrol station £20) i reminded myself of the following..

1) When gasping for a fag, have as many chugs on the vape as you like. Wait 2 mins and ask question... are you still gaspig for a fag? Answer is awlays no. (see point 1). I do 18-24mg strength liquids.

2) You will save money. E juices are cheaper than all fags.

3) You will not smell like a wet sewer/ash tray.

4) Administering nicotene via vape is 95% safer.

5) Better to be chigging on a vape all day than 10 fags a day. If you need a hit, just take one.

6) Its ok to have baccy in a spliff while you give up the fags. If anything this helps as it makes you realise over time that the vape is actually a more enjoyable way to inhale nicotene vs the baccy in a spliff. I chose to just stop smoking nicotene only in fags.

7) Feel good about every day you dont smoke a fag and go on vape. Money, health, willpowr etc. Pat yourself on back.

8) Breathing in fruity flavours from makes your breath smell nice.

9) Whiter teeth.

10) Less baccy staining in the house and nicer smelling house.

But most importantly for me.... I was scared to do it, scared to make the decision to say ok im going to give it a go.. So i promised myself that i would do a week out of my life solidly on the vape with max 2 spliffs a night. After that, if i was still craving burning leaves to get my nicotene fix, so be it and i would go back on the fags. But i would do that week at very least, no excuses.

And it worked. In fact 3 days in i was very happy it was so easy and decided then that i just didnt need to smoke fags again. So i get through 10 fags per week in joints of evening, rest is vaping. Better than the 40 per day previously and saving £600 per month by not smoking fags.

Well it would work wouldnt it? As its only possible to be addicted to nicotene, not breathing in burning wood etc.

The fact that i know i can have a spliff in evening with a fag in it helped i think. But as i said, ironically doing that makes you think that vaping is actually nicer than smoking cigs and it is.

I have had a relapse, in a pub, 6 pints in, smoked 3-4, but next day and later that evening, back on vape and not really wanting to have any more fags.

Good luck dude and dont beat yourself up on having a spliff or two each day with baccy in it.

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, KiefKat and 4 others like this

#22 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

original closet gardener !!!

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:02 PM

Thing is with fags, and is in alan carrs book and he is spot on.. Whatever your mind tells you...

1) You are only addicted to nicotene. Nothing else...

2) You are not addicted to the taste, putting smoke in your lungs, or tobacco itself. That is impossible. Used to it yes, like it? maybe... addicted? no.

When i went on vape (just a petrol station £20) i reminded myself of the following..

1) When gasping for a fag, have as many chugs on the vape as you like. Wait 2 mins and ask question... are you still gaspig for a fag? Answer is awlays no. (see point 1). I do 18-24mg strength liquids.

2) You will save money. E juices are cheaper than all fags.

3) You will not smell like a wet sewer/ash tray.

4) Administering nicotene via vape is 95% safer.

5) Better to be chigging on a vape all day than 10 fags a day. If you need a hit, just take one.

6) Its ok to have baccy in a spliff while you give up the fags. If anything this helps as it makes you realise over time that the vape is actually a more enjoyable way to inhale nicotene vs the baccy in a spliff. I chose to just stop smoking nicotene only in fags.

7) Feel good about every day you dont smoke a fag and go on vape. Money, health, willpowr etc. Pat yourself on back.

8) Breathing in fruity flavours from makes your breath smell nice.

9) Whiter teeth.

10) Less baccy staining in the house and nicer smelling house.

But most importantly for me.... I was scared to do it, scared to make the decision to say ok im going to give it a go.. So i promised myself that i would do a week out of my life solidly on the vape with max 2 spliffs a night. After that, if i was still craving burning leaves to get my nicotene fix, so be it and i would go back on the fags. But i would do that week at very least, no excuses.

And it worked. In fact 3 days in i was very happy it was so easy and decided then that i just didnt need to smoke fags again. So i get through 10 fags per week in joints of evening, rest is vaping. Better than the 40 per day previously and saving £600 per month by not smoking fags.

Well it would work wouldnt it? As its only possible to be addicted to nicotene, not breathing in burning wood etc.

The fact that i know i can have a spliff in evening with a fag in it helped i think. But as i said, ironically doing that makes you think that vaping is actually nicer than smoking cigs and it is.

I have had a relapse, in a pub, 6 pints in, smoked 3-4, but next day and later that evening, back on vape and not really wanting to have any more fags.

Good luck dude and dont beat yourself up on having a spliff or two each day with baccy in it.

fuk alan carr..............gis 10 number 6 + box of swan anyday :lol:   thats me tho id rather chuff baccy than some man made chems in a fukin juice :lol: :lol: :lol: give it 20 year toi see whats the ecigs kill off people quicker than a dose of salts ........my mrs friend been on 1 for 5 years,shes now on oxygen,she dont puff it no more,i did tell her all them cloud bursts she was doing was fukin her up see  :D 

• Mrs Willy, The Dude Abides, duke and 2 others like this

#23 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:26 PM

Thanks for all the support and advice folks.

Little update.

Two weeks in now and still not had any baccy, not even in a spliff and it's not too bad tbh.

The E-cigs still taste like festering wombat doo and the patches leave red marks on my skin (maybe I should stop putting them on my willy?), could be I'm allergic to the glue, can't be the nicotine, can it?

I've also developed a dreadful cough but I was expecting this cos it happened last time I tried to give up.

I've been vaping Jackball's Inc Bulk and it wipes me out nicely.

Loads of building works going on Chez Dude so I've not been able to get online much, hope all your grows are going well.

All good things

TDA

• Budgie, 2scoops, duke and 6 others like this

#24 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:22 PM

Afternoon folks, just over 6 weeks now and I'm still off the fags, had 2 puffs outside a restaurant the other night and thought I won't bother trying that again.

I've developed a really bad back ache, lost a filling from a tooth, tinnitus is driving me mad, tennis elbow has also come back, other than that I'm good.

All good things

TDA

• Mrs Willy, Budgie, Dekay and 12 others like this

#25 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:42 PM

Good news on the back ache shame about the fags...............quitter

lmao yo no I loves you really groove :)
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, duke and 4 others like this

#26 mrsDeeks

mrsDeeks

Mrs Deeks

• Banned
  • 10,342 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:18 PM

Well done, ive been 3 days ive cut down still having the odd ciggie 

• The Dude Abides, duke, W.S and 1 other like this

#27 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:37 PM

Hey Dude! Good to hear from you and congratulations on your non smoking. Sorry to hear about your back, elbow, ears and filling - hope you can get it all attended to. All the best! :)

• The Dude Abides, duke and mrsDeeks like this

#28 KiefKat

KiefKat

TGC DJ

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:32 PM

Well done Dude, going well  :clap:

In the same boat now myself, not smoked a ciggie since the middle of January.

Not using an ecig, just the patch - on a 15mg/day one atm but thinking of reducing that to a 7mg soon. Been smoking since I was 11, about 10 a day, B&H for about 20 years and Drum tobacco for the past decade. I'm 40 now and I've started to develop PAD (Peripheral Artery Disease) which means I can barely walk 100 metres without my calf cramping up on me :( Also caused my blood clots in my lungs (formed in the leg and made their way to my lungs, only reason I didn't have a stroke is that the clots were too big to go to the brain  :phew: ).

Have cut out the tobacco completely now, still smoke weed in a pipe but am planning on getting a decent vape as soon as funds allow.

Did have a couple of ciggies in the first couple of weeks but found that it was like resetting the clock on the withdrawals so decided to give it a proper go and see how I got on. About a month without a fag and I can honestly say that I don't want one - just have to try and keep that mindset now :D

ETA : Forgot to mention - I also get redness from the patch (not to mention a bald spot on my arm :D ), no idea what's causing it but I can overlook that while I try to kick the habit.

I had thought that it was just from ripping the bastard off each day, doesn't appear to be getting any worse anyway :P

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, duke and 3 others like this

#29 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:21 AM

Afternoon folks, just over 6 weeks now and I'm still off the fags, had 2 puffs outside a restaurant the other night and thought I won't bother trying that again.

I've developed a really bad back ache, lost a filling from a tooth, tinnitus is driving me mad, tennis elbow has also come back, other than that I'm good.

All good things

TDA

awesome to know you are ok then :D  it sucks to be growing old!  the tinnitus must be the worst , feel for you bro

good one for not smoking ... if only i could do it !

• The Dude Abides, KiefKat, mrsDeeks and 1 other like this

#30 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:36 AM

if only i could do it !

It's a weird thing, when you are smoking, it seems impossible, once you've stopped, it seemed simple!

The hardest thing is getting around to actually doing it, instead of thinking " I will definitely stop smoking sometime"

well done @The Dude Abides sounds like you are going to kick it for good this time, just don't fall into the "I've been off the fags for six weeks now, I'm sure I could just have one and be OK...." trap

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, KiefKat and 1 other like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: with farty bits

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.